Jump to content

What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)


Suica

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Yeah, $34 for the decoder was a little pricy but it meant no shipping and also supported a local shop (the last trains only one in the area).  I'll probably get any other decoders online later to save a bit more.  Have you checked bob the train guy?  He usually has a much lower price than even eBay on sale.

 

Yeah, I've gotten a few things from him.   He hasn't seemed to have the ones I've gotten or been looking for -- mostly HO sized ones it looks like are what he stocks.  His site is also hard to use to find stuff.   Nice guy though.

 

We do have one local train shop here in the area and I try and frequent him as well (when I remember -- not that close).   I just noticed he had TCS (I bought some Digitrax and NCE and other pieces from him).  He is competitive and has a loyalty program and I like to support the local guy.  I had forgotten he had TCS -- he is a bit far away and I work from home so had not been in his area for a while and was not looking at TCS as a possibility when I was there last.  I will have to check there as well.  Thanks for the reminder.

 

ETA:  $34 is not bad in my book:  Between my D&H decoders (25-26 Euro each) and the TCS (MSRP $49, street $41-44 - eBay discounts if you can), low to mid 30$s is good.

Edited by chadbag
Link to post
Yavianice
20 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Now ready for push-pull operations :)

 

41976242561_0ce6736780_z.jpg

Fleischmann DB AG IC-Steuerwagen by Rail Squid, on Flickr

 

I always find the Verkehrsrot with the single bar missing something, the odd one out between orientred with 2 bands of red, the blue with two bands of blue, the regional version, and the white with the red band. 

 

Though the CNL cars are nice in this color. 

Edited by Yavianice
Link to post
railsquid
21 hours ago, Yavianice said:

 

I always find the Verkehrsrot with the single bar missing something, the odd one out between orientred with 2 bands of red, the blue with two bands of blue, the regional version, and the white with the red band. 

 

 

I just love how DB AG kept changing liveries in the 1990s/2000s so you'd rarely see a uniform rake .

 

Bimdzf269vr.jpg

 

(Picture from here, undated/untitled but looks like Berlin-Spandau, early 2000s?)

 

21 hours ago, chadbag said:

 

Did you just get that off eBay? :)  I was watching and bidding but dropped out when it got more than I wanted to pay...

 

 

Not Ebay, just a random local 2nd hand find, which came with an InterRegio friend:

 

40188255410_2acbf395af_z.jpg

Fleischmann InterRegio-Steuerwagen by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 6
Link to post
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

I just love how DB AG kept changing liveries in the 1990s/2000s so you'd rarely see a uniform rake .

(Picture from here, undated/untitled but looks like Berlin-Spandau, early 2000s?)

Early 1999 apparently.

 

23 hours ago, Yavianice said:

I always find the Verkehrsrot with the single bar missing something, the odd one out between orientred with 2 bands of red, the blue with two bands of blue, the regional version, and the white with the red band. 

Though the CNL cars are nice in this color. 

I love the IC coaches in Verkehrsrot for a very particular reason. They're usually quite cheap and can be mixed with the rather expensive ICE colour coaches of which I do not have enough. :P

Link to post

Got the Fleischmann 781504 E03-001 "Rheingold" with accompanying cars from Arnold HN4239 today, and made a small video presentation of them.

 

Beautiful train! Was a bit hard to get though... I got the last one.

 

 

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 5
Link to post
lighthouse

Although the paintwork was never used on the Rheingold in the 60s and it is a paint of modern times, I like the impression of the train.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Although the paintwork was never used on the Rheingold in the 60s and it is a paint of modern times, I like the impression of the train.

 

The cars were in this paintjob, as far as I can tell, right? The E03-001 I guess you are right, though in the Nuremberg DB Museum it appears to be in this color. I personally do not like the red E03-001 that much, so I stuck with the blue color. I already have a beige/red BR103 as you can see in the video, it was a bit pointless to me to get a second one. Even though the BR103 in red/beige color has the new DB logo (more on that later).

Link to post

Kobaltblau/beige was used from 1962 to 1965. E10 and V200 were painted in this colour for use on the Rheingold and Rheinpfeil.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
lighthouse
3 hours ago, Suica said:

Kobaltblau/beige was used from 1962 to 1965. E10 and V200 were painted in this colour for use on the Rheingold and Rheinpfeil.

 

 

 

Wrong! The V200 get the Kobaltblau/beige in the middle of the 70s. During this time the V200 was no longer used for the Rheingold, Rheinpfeil etc. The BR 218 was already used in the middle 70s for this service on the diesel routes.

Edited by lighthouse
Link to post
11 hours ago, railsquid said:

Another random Tokyo find at a nice price, this Fleischmann car carrier with a load straight from the 1970s, if my rudimentary car knowledge is correct.

 

41153202055_204612b335_z.jpg

Fleischmann car carrier by Rail Squid, on Flickr

 

That is awesome.  I have 2 of these though mine are black I think and I don't have 1/160 cars for them either.   Maybe my bulk 1/150 will work.  

 

You find all kinds of cool stuff there in Tokyo. 

Link to post

 

Got this on eBay.  New Minitrix IC Steuerwagen and 2 IC wagen set.   Will be put with my Arnold IC Wagens and, for now, my Fleischmann BR101.     The Arnold and the Minitrix Wagens don't look that bad together though I don't yet have pics of them on the rails.  I just hand compared them (no pics).

 

 

lOoCjvT6Tn6qfmQzcIIUHA.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
On 5/13/2018 at 1:54 PM, chadbag said:

 

Got this on eBay.  New Minitrix IC Steuerwagen and 2 IC wagen set.   Will be put with my Arnold IC Wagens and, for now, my Fleischmann BR101.     The Arnold and the Minitrix Wagens don't look that bad together though I don't yet have pics of them on the rails.  I just hand compared them (no pics).

 

 

 

 

Very nice. I was hoping you'd get the Fleischmann Steuerwagen though, so I could find out if my difficulty readdressing the decoder was a fluke. 

Link to post
57 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

 

Very nice. I was hoping you'd get the Fleischmann Steuerwagen though, so I could find out if my difficulty readdressing the decoder was a fluke. 

 

Find me a reasonably priced one (maybe the red era V one) and I just might get it 🙂    I ordered a minitrix BR101 with sound and also some BR147 TRAXX engines so can run multiple IC. 🙂   Eventually.  When it all comes in and I can afford multiple IC car sets.  I am way over budget so have mostly stopped buying stuff except some pre-orders that have been in for months.   But a reasonably priced Steuerwagen might convince me otherwise.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I was volunteering with some friends at the Orange Empire Railway Museum on Saturday, and we happened to stop by a small hobby shop on the way back.  I was doing well till I saw this guy for sale for over half of msrp.  Time to order some more decoders I suppose.

20180513_215210.thumb.jpg.f19bd02975420493403aabe564201216.jpg

 

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 4
Link to post

Yesterday I received a package from Yavianice - with a beautiful Fleischmann ICE-T in it. I have been wanting to buy a model of this train for quite some time, but up until now other things (read: trains 😬) always got in the way.

Here it is with it's Japanese "Brother", JR Kyushus 885 series:

I1.thumb.JPG.f3c83c9aa4ca0c4efaf8b892e179d1ed.JPG

I2.thumb.JPG.e3e5f0bb8cd2c3b397aec9ed4e68465e.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to post

Mmmmhmmm that oversized pantograph the German N gauge community adores so much looks soooo good on that ICE-T.  (Other than that it's a nice model though)

I remember how a thread in a certain German N gauge forum basically went down in flames when it was announced that Kato would produce the ICE 4. Main point of anger was the plastic pantograph.

 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

The German community sure has a weird obsession about their Pantographs 😄 enjoy Grypher!

 

Really? How strange. I've never heard that before. But I have noticed my German pantagraphs are a bit on the large side. I'll have to check them against photos to see if they're 'larger than scale'.

 

Can you give a little summary of the pantagraph issue from the German point of view. I'm curious.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Gryphr said:

Yesterday I received a package from Yavianice - with a beautiful Fleischmann ICE-T in it. I have been wanting to buy a model of this train for quite some time, but up until now other things (read: trains 😬) always got in the way.

Here it is with it's Japanese "Brother", JR Kyushus 885 series:

 

 

Very nice. Consider me jealous! How many cars doe the ICE T set have?

Link to post
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Can you give a little summary of the pantagraph issue from the German point of view. I'm curious.

They are functional. Many German models can run from overhead catenary or can easily be converted to do so.

The funny thing is, while it is not an uncommon thing on H0 layouts, I've personally never seen an N gauge layout making use of this. Anyway, it seems like there's a good bunch of people still being obsessed about it. 

Also there's the opinion that plastic (pantographs) = Cheap Chinese crap. Please don't tell those people where their great German models are actually being made. 😛

  • Haha 5
Link to post
17 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Very nice. Consider me jealous! How many cars doe the ICE T set have?

Currently it's 5 cars long (although a different composition than the 5 car long BR 415), however I'm planning to extend it to the prototypical BR 411 7 car consist if I can get hold of the other 2 cars.

 

17 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Really? How strange. I've never heard that before. But I have noticed my German pantagraphs are a bit on the large side. I'll have to check them against photos to see if they're 'larger than scale'.

Sadly this is a common thing as Suica explained, however it did get a bit better on some recent models.

 

15 hours ago, Suica said:

They are functional. Many German models can run from overhead catenary or can easily be converted to do so.

The funny thing is, while it is not an uncommon thing on H0 layouts, I've personally never seen an N gauge layout making use of this. Anyway, it seems like there's a good bunch of people still being obsessed about it. 

Also there's the opinion that plastic (pantographs) = Cheap Chinese crap. Please don't tell those people where their great German models are actually being made. 😛

Yes, I can't really understand why they still mount those oversized pantographs from the factory, it would make much more sense to sell them with a realistically proportioned one (be it metal or plastic) and sell functional ones as Add-On Parts.

Sadly I don't think there are any third party pantographs with realistic sizes available, or at least I haven't found any for a good price, which could be used to replace the factory ones.

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...