What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

I told myself that I was going to get a vintage DB BR 103.

This one is working, but the polarity is inverted.
Nothing that a quick visit to the Portuguese Railway Company's electronics workshop can't fix!

64841287_IMG_20230417_2039431.thumb.jpg.0f96d12c9d560acc85de42a266547caa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There's a good chance the bogies are on the wrong ends. Do the headlights match the direction of travel (despite said direction being reversed compared to your other locos)?

I bought a non running Minitrix BR.111 a couple of years ago, cleaned the solid grease out of the gearing and then found it ran backwards after reassembly. Swapping the bogies around cured it. Judging by the wheels it hadn't been run, just sat in its box while the grease dried out.

Edited by Welshbloke
disturbman

After a series of issues, among which a theft at Khaho, I finally received my TRA EMU 600 in “yellow ducks” livery and a CR “Zhu De” HXD3D.

EFE8F99B-4DDB-4DC3-BE82-B2FB73599D74.thumb.jpeg.823dd620be78e59ecc0a59dda456eb0c.jpeg

94D90997-70D8-4202-9CE2-FEB195193CF7.thumb.jpeg.1b2cc2cb2d8560fa43dff7e120bb2ce9.jpeg

• Like 3
jappomania

oops! chinese again but this time Taiwan! Touch Rail?

p.s. strange, time and money for test in wind tunnel for aerodynamic study etc.., and after a flat tombstone applied on the locomotive nose? something more discreet is out of the question...? 😋

first time I saw the round name plate applied on the japanese trains was a surprise, but this one win, surely

disturbman

Both actually, Taiwan and mainland. The EMU600 is made by Sanying Heavy Industry, the other big N player. I have a few of their DRC1000.

I am not sure who made the wrapping as the train came in its normal box. Normally, Memories & Inspirations does all Taiwanese painted trains in collaboration with TouchRail or Sanying, but their product always come in custom boxes and I haven’t seen mention of that model anywhere in Taiwan shops or social media. It’s definitely not homemade. A little mystery.

10 hours ago, jappomania said:

first time I saw the round name plate applied on the japanese trains was a surprise, but this one win, surely

Maybe not, there are many more CR locomotive with *fancy* headmarks. The HXD3B-1893 that is coming out today is dedicated to Mao Zedong. It’s pretty fancy too, though the 3B is not a quasi high-speed locomotive like the 3D.

I should find you some pictures.

Edited by disturbman
Martijn Meerts
15 hours ago, disturbman said:

94D90997-70D8-4202-9CE2-FEB195193CF7.thumb.jpeg.1b2cc2cb2d8560fa43dff7e120bb2ce9.jpeg

What a weird looking Thomas 😉

• Haha 4
jappomania
On 5/5/2023 at 8:17 AM, disturbman said:

Maybe not, there are many more CR locomotive with *fancy* headmarks. The HXD3B-1893 that is coming out today is dedicated to Mao Zedong. It’s pretty fancy too, though the 3B is not a quasi high-speed locomotive like the 3D.

I should find you some pictures.

Thanks!

I started a little search from myself about it and I found what you mean, real trains photos and this one, I suppose that's another "typical Charming release", 15 locos at the same time 😨
https://tekkonmodel.co.jp/?s=hxd3d&post_type=product

fortunatelly are at 90% normal locomotives without the tombstone, they remeber me too much my first job in '90 (undertaker 😈 , best job in the world, customers never complain)

probably you already know this

https://railwaydepot.blogspot.com/

but for me is new and I saw how many trains has been released in the meantime, I started and ended my taiwanese collection fast, just a couple of Touch-Rail and Kibu

now I wait to see the couple of books I bought for a better knowledge, if you know something more about chinese trains books or magazine .. let it know..

p.s. "quasi high speed" (this one), "very high speed" (CIT500), I'm waiting the next, "ludicrous speed" (Spaceballs)

(aargh...  ☠️ keep calm,keep calm, you can't start another collection.... maybe a couple of locos... and trains..... who know... resistance is futile)

disturbman

These headmarks have a long tradition. They were already used on steam locomotives, one of our members have a very nice HO collection of Chinese steam locomotives.

25 minutes ago, jappomania said:

I suppose that's another "typical Charming release", 15 locos at the same time

It's. Most manufacturers do the same in HO. Minitown do a smaller amount per releases. You can't collect them all, they are too expensive 😅 Even more if you want coaches for each.

If you start a small side collection, don't order from Tekkon if you can avoid it, it's best to pre-order them from the Hong Kong shops. You can currently still catch some HXD3Bs.

29 minutes ago, jappomania said:

but for me is new and I saw how many trains has been released in the meantime, I started and ended my taiwanese collection fast, just a couple of Touch-Rail and Kibu

You have some Kibu sets? These are impossible to find nowadays. I don't intend to make a big collection of it. I'm very happy with the trains I have so far, only four. And three painted.

jappomania

yes, I bought it directly from Kibu from his blog now closed (who know where is gone?), unfortunately I lost the last one, the Daikin livery (I found his invoice in the spam folder but it was too late - sold out) but I had time (and money) for one E1000 green, one red and one with wrapping (but is only a sticker applied on the shell side, not so wonderfull) + a similar sigle car with certificate (a gift for the "heavy" order)

also my Touch Rail are painted, the Keep Walking and the Oriental Beuty (only the basic set loco + cars not the add-on I saw on the blog above..)

at the end a so small collection cost more than 10 Shinkansen 🤕

in the past I bought something from EZTRANSCOM, but his website .... well... you know.... yes, like you told, I saw better price in HK shops, but money transfer is more difficult for me if Paypal is not available, considering the low quantity of non-Japanese trains I buy, is a little bit more expensive buying in Japan with the help of ZEN and arrange all in the monthly shipping, both CR400 are reserved from HS, at the end is 8-10% more expensive, 20-30€ each train (I'm not good at handling different payments and many shops with my poor english) and the loco without tombostone cost 2500JPY less 😅

ohh f..k now my brain is busy for thinking about restarting chinese train collection, it's your fault 😄

Nozomi329
On 5/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, disturbman said:

The HXD3B-1893 that is coming out today is dedicated to Mao Zedong

Actually HXD3B-1893 is the shortest lived Mao Zedong locomotive so far (only 4 years). It's transferred to HXD3D-1893, which was also produced by Charming.

Among these named trains, the most ironic story is probably that, for a time since 2011, an HXN5 (also known as GE ES59ACi) locomotive was named after Huang Jiguang, a soldier died in Korean war.

• Thanks 1
Nozomi329
On 5/7/2023 at 2:57 AM, jappomania said:

for a better knowledge

https://www.china-emu.cn/ EMU specific website. Cclick on "动车组" in the top center to proceed.

http://www.xiaguanzhan.com/ general CR train photo gallery

They're not English friendly, but since CR has long switched from the old Bopomofo to the current hanyu pinyin for train types, you should be able to find some useful stuff.

• Thanks 2
Jugderdemidiin Gurragchaa

My Auscision NR class locomotive arrived today.

I opted for the DCC Sound variant and it looks and sounds incredible. Amazing attention to detail throughout the model, I'm very impressed with it and am considering ordering another one next payday 😆

20230522_165624.jpg

20230522_165715.jpg

• Like 5

After eight days in Tokyo and on the verge of heading to Nagoya, this represents the sum total of my Märklin purchases:

603752EF-2988-4B55-BB9D-8C371C8DC0BC.thumb.jpeg.447c32ea181f4372347d1d17f3df28d5.jpeg

What’s odd is that both container cars have had one or both factory-provided containers swapped; the two-axle one has a Bertschi tank ex-the 47802 articulated flat car in place of the original Makrolon tank, while the big guy had both its ones swapped for Herpa-made containers, both still themed for Carlsberg though.

The tank container will be re-homed as I’ve already got a 47802 and my OCD-neuroticism won’t tolerate duplicates. I’ll think about the Herpa ones, but they’re likely to move on too.

Alastair

• Like 3

More Märklin madness because trains and why not:

IMG_7758.thumb.JPG.4010b447fa0e341fe716e3f9cab9e1af.JPG

A while back on the Märklin-Users Forum a member in the Netherlands posted about his collection of 1950s-1970s tinplate-era Märklin which, together with another thread about the restoration of a battered postwar 334S Shell tank wagon, got me into collecting models from the 1950s and 1960s. Long story short, I found a number of coaches from this timeframe at Popondetta Nagoya today, and decided to take a punt on three 4029 Wagon-Lits coaches. I was rewarded well for my gamble!

For 1,100JPY apiece, I got three excellent coaches with barely any signs of use and beautifully shiny, albeit DC, wheelsets. When I saw the box date on one I almost did a double take - the carriage in question dated to 1969, that's over 50 years ago and in such pristine condition! Such models in such condition are like hen's teeth back home. I plan to go back and buy the remaining two I didn't buy, subject to their condition being acceptable. I think just this once, I can put my OCD to one side and accept multiple of the same item. They will look great behind my custom repainted 3005 loco!

IMG_4463.thumb.JPG.8c2bdb5bad2bf812fb58650e851a34c0.JPG

Alastair

• Like 3
maihama eki

I once visited the Maerklin Museum in Goeppingen more than 20 years ago. I was regularly in the Stuttgart area for business, and made a trip over there on a free day once.

I always admired Maerklin quality. I was really worried about their future when they went through bankruptcy. I'm glad they came out the other side.

• Like 2

A set of 7x DB UIC-Z coaches to go along with some modern or highspeed locos I have/incoming.

Bought them new from a Spanish Model Rail Museum. Now I want to pay a visit 😂

1600720599_IMG_20230609_19583621.thumb.jpg.d9c8b3520acb474e2556d5cf1616f43d.jpg

1578906415_IMG_20230611_1235291.thumb.jpg.84d46e4d80b88a7e2778fb13e0843d62.jpg

1871588208_IMG_20230611_1235041.thumb.jpg.e385391ec300539a4ca6d06b28aa5c98.jpg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Giugiaro said:

A set of 7x DB UIC-Z coaches to go along with some modern or highspeed locos I have/incoming.

I was going to say, the BR103 is not exactly modern. What locos are incoming?

Picked these up

016.thumb.JPG.dcdec8b02b8552b4a23b81428730e8dc.JPG

017.thumb.JPG.cb070c9e115228851657cfc660b55c3e.JPG

The louver vans the local importer are trying to move to make space and are on sale but not a clearance sale price. The grain hoppers on the other hand are on the third run. I all ready own a set of hoppers but as each rerun has reused wagon numbers I forgot what set I have. Solution: buy the type I don't have. 

Neither of these to my knowledge are available as N scale RTR

serotta1972

We keep adding to the UP collection, keep them coming Kato. This little Big Boy is pretty awesome, it takes both hand to handle.

IMG_6836.jpeg

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

IMG_6833.jpeg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, disturbman said:

I was going to say, the BR103 is not exactly modern. What locos are incoming?

Probably another BR103, from Arnold. Besides that, I have the German EuroSprinter.

I do have colleagues that have more modern DB locos but no coaches, so this purchase is going to make our model meets a bit less dull. 😂

Research material just arrived, one handy book shows train markings proper and after-market artistic styles.  The art book is laid out in chronological order, very handy for modelling late 70s.  A friend will be 3D printing subway cars that we'll use in our tabletop gaming set-ups.

CurrentBooks.thumb.JPG.41c07e3843476a2768e8a7e66ffe8df4.JPG

• Like 2
Jugderdemidiin Gurragchaa

My Rapido/Revolution Trains Class 390 Pendolino arrived today after a several year preorder wait. It looks beautiful but I'm having issues with one of the end driving cars contacting the next carriage on corners when pushing causing it pop a bogie off the track when exiting corners at any speed I've tested. It looks like the coupler is slightly out of position allowing the cars to move to closely together and contact. I've sent a message to their warranty/help team and hopefully they can advise me on how to fix this!

20230704_164537.jpg

20230704_164532.jpg

• Like 1