What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

Thank you for the photos, and congratulations to Jozasa on an excellent purchase. I regret not being able to see the Big Boy when it passed through my area in 2019. 

To experience such a train in person is unforgettable. 

Always wanted a circus train.

Recently rediscovered that Walthers had a whole lot of circus flatcars.

Also discovered that they can be affordable if you look hard enough.

Guess who now owns circus flatcars and is making plans and preparing to build a full length late model RBBX train, including all 34 coaches and 26 flatbeds...

This box has five sets in it with two cars each. All but one are flatcars, the one oddball is a stock car that I probably won't use but will keep anyways.

0529211252.jpg

A pleasant surprise of neat paperwork:

0529211253.jpg

Two of the flatcars:

0529211255.jpg

0529211255a.jpg

The detail sprues, although the running boards will not be needed as I'll be hopefully building actual wood decks:

0529211256.jpg

Also got these four really nice scratch built, all wood cars. They'll need some work to get running, but they're not going to be joining the main fleet and get repainted to modern RBBX silver. they're just too nice as-is and I can use them for some of my old Circus wagons instead of using them for the ubiquitous red/white storage wagons.

0529211248.jpg

0529211249.jpg

And of course some things to go on the flatcars are needed.

Crew shuttle bus, which has since been disassembled and prepared to be painted white and weathered:

0529211602.jpg

Some assorted utility trucks. The red/white box truck will be getting the RB B&B logo and artwork on the side eventually.

0527211743.jpg

0527211803.jpg

The bucket truck is actually pretty nice and almost fully posable

0527211803a.jpg

0527211803b.jpg

Those trucks will be joined with some civvy cars from my collection. No sense buying more cars when I've got a big box of them already.

I suppose I'll have more updates in time as I slowly collect more flatcars, storage trailers (two on order, waiting to see how they turn out before I drop a lot of money on buying 50 or so of em), and the many, many coaches that will need modifications that I am not looking forwards to.

It'll be modelled loosely on the last run of the Blue set that came up the East Coast in 2015 that I went to see and will be pulled by two of my ACS-64s.

If you guys are interested, I can start a standalone thread to document the (slow) progress on The Greatest Show Train On Earth project (totally didn't rip the show's line for that).

• Like 1

Some of you might think that I have an inability to do things part way.

I just think I have a problem.

And of course the solution is...

More cowbell flatcars!

I have a lot of flatcars...

Someone help please...

Edited by GDorsett
roadstar_na6

This is an odd one for me really. Back when I first got into the Hobby I had Märklin H0 DCC stuff to play around with. I got a bit of stuff but somehow lost interest in spending all my pocket money on it, as it was already pretty expensive back in the day (around 2006/7/8). I however got a DB BR140 at some point from the local toy store who happened to sell Märklin stuff.

The loco only ever really saw running time at the club when we exhibited the small H0 layout we had, the last time in 02/2020. I left the loco and cars with the layout at the club as I thought the stuff would be safe there. Fast forward to 10/20 and the head of club messages me that my stuff is still there and that I please pick it up as the layout is being put in storage and they're planning a big clean-up day in the coming weeks. Due to Covid I didn't really want to go there at the time and just told him to put it somewhere safe next to the N gauge layout. When I was there again in 02/21 I couldn't find any of my stuff and asked around if anyone saw anything or knew where it might be. A few months later somebody finally found my Apfelpfeil coaches but the loco was still missing and nowhere to be found. Since another member of the club had quite a bit of houses and materials for a layout thrown away at that clean-up day and he just bought it again and sent the club an invoice for the stuff I decided to do the same two weeks ago and get a replacement for my loco. Since my interest shifted quite a bit from 10 years ago I opted to get something a bit more exotic than one of the most mainstream e-locos in Germany 😄

And here it is:

Roco FS E444.032

image.thumb.png.fb1f23869dcdc3ced89e422b1b91a90a.png

image.thumb.png.30994f72fc992a8cdf5776ea485ff9b4.png

image.thumb.png.3aec3dde042176a526c0cbb12d90f8a1.png

Next Wednesday I'll fit some Telex couplers to it with a member from the club and maybe at some point get @Socimi find me some matching coaches for it.

I'm really happy with it and hope that Arnold (or somebody else) will produce an N-scale version of it at some point in the near future.

• Like 1
jappomania

😄  yeah! the turtle! la Tartaruga!

I still have my turtle "family" in my roster, 0/H0/N (Rivarossi-Lima-Rivarossi), and sincerly I hope if someboby in the future decide to re-do an N scale release it will be not Arnold or similar, maybe my friends PIRATA, the R version is not so bad, half work is already done (same chassis)

...or if you can't wait try to find one old Rivarossi or one Lo.Co (very good, but is handmade, so if you don't like artesanal models...)

ciao!

Massimo

• Like 2
roadstar_na6
27 minutes ago, jappomania said:

maybe my friends PIRATA

I'd prefer that over Arnold and all others probably, but depending on how well the Arnold E656 announced for this years sells it's possible they'd do the E444 next.

The Rivarossi ones are ancient really and for the prices they sell on eBay I'm not willing to get it really given how old it is.

Edited by roadstar_na6
jappomania
16 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

...but depending on how well the Arnold E656 announced....

how well or maybe... when? 😇  probably the release date will be 31/02/20never... 😂 of course, at the end will be released also if they continue to delay the date

I hope only it's correct and run good (I forgot how many plastic gear I changed on the last Hornby production - last Rivarossi, Lima, Arnold is the same)

16 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

The Rivarossi ones are ancient really and for the prices they sell on eBay I'm not willing to get it really given how old it is.

ebay is not the better place to find one "turtle", for foreign people I know is not so simple, but one used in good condition for 130-150€ is not impossible to find here (better is the last 5 pole motor prod. but the old is not bad after a good maintenance)

next time I meet the PIRATA's (Stefano or Maurizio) I ask them if there is something new... 

roadstar_na6
28 minutes ago, jappomania said:

better is the last 5 pole motor prod.

That's the one I asked Socimi to keep a look out for 😄

next time I meet the PIRATA's

Sounds good 😄 I mean they only need to change the cabs and livery basically. Wasn't the E444R a collab with Mehano?

how well or maybe... when? [...] I forgot how many plastic gear I changed on the last Hornby production

Most online shops claim a release date of Third quarter of 2021, guess we will see what happens 😄 It's also said to have "metal gearboxes", so maybe no more plastic gears?

What I like about Arnold is that they still make regular DC version of all their stuff, not like Minitrix/Fleischmann who almost only do DCC sound with massive pricetags nowadays.

Edited by roadstar_na6
jappomania
1 hour ago, roadstar_na6 said:

That's the one I asked Socimi to keep a look out for 😄

good choice! I also bought some original Rivarossi spare chassis and I will try to mill it and adapting a new Kato engine

Sounds good 😄 I mean they only need to change the cabs and livery basically. Wasn't the E444R a collab with Mehano?

basically is the original Mehano/Tibidabo developed around 20 years ago, but improved in some details (not so far from a new tooling)

there are more difference between original first/second series and R version, not so big but require a little more work

Most online shops claim a release date of Third quarter of 2021, guess we will see what happens 😄 It's also said to have "metal gearboxes", so maybe no more plastic gears?

What I like about Arnold is that they still make regular DC version of all their stuff, not like Minitrix/Fleischmann who almost only do DCC sound with massive pricetags nowadays.

about gears I don't know, plastic is not bad at the end (metal is more noisy), but depend wich plastic, I just dismantled for maintenance some old Kato 200 and after 40 years are all like new... (just the traction tyres are like stone)

I'm curious to see the new Arnold solutions, the articulated Bo-Bo-Bo chassis is new and if based on a good project can be developed for a lot of italian locos with minor changes, I really hope so...

I agree with you about sample DC version, that's also the reason because I've not (yet) bought the last Minitrix 9200 Le Capitole (better another 16 cars Shinkansen), or I need to accept to mantain a mixed collection

well, we wait Christmas to see if Santa drive a Cayman (not Porsche, Arnold E656 Caimano)

ciao!

Massimo

• Like 1
roadstar_na6
6 minutes ago, jappomania said:

I agree with you about sample DC version, that's also the reason because I've not (yet) bought the last Minitrix 9200 Le Capitole

I would've loved that one as well, but for the price of the loco + cars I can buy everything from my wishlist of Japanese stock, and that's not a short list 😄

Also, if you happen to come across one of the final update Rivarossi E444's hit me up 🙂

Edited by roadstar_na6
Welshbloke
6 hours ago, jappomania said:

next time I meet the PIRATA's (Stefano or Maurizio) I ask them if there is something new... 

Could you ask them what's happening with the Arosa Express in Nm9 too? The salon 1st and luggage van have disappeared from their new items page, I'm assuming/hoping that the other 2nd will be released after they get hold of some of the next batch of Kato EWIs to respray. Very pleased with my restaurant car and example of the lone Arosa Express coach they've made so far, but it needs friends...

I wish Farish would get it together and release their class 37’s. It feels like forever since they were announced 

jappomania
12 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Could you ask them what's happening with the Arosa Express in Nm9 too? The salon 1st and luggage van have disappeared from their new items page, I'm assuming/hoping that the other 2nd will be released after they get hold of some of the next batch of Kato EWIs to respray. Very pleased with my restaurant car and example of the lone Arosa Express coach they've made so far, but it needs friends...

I let you know... 😉

• Thanks 1
serotta1972

Got my British Kato trains and hope they’ll be more in the future. I love the liveries. Don’t know why they didn’t come in regular size Kato book cases, they’re much wider.

A234DC86-5165-4253-8203-DAFAC340CDDB.jpeg

B3DEF205-D55B-47F0-BDE0-7837AA8BB7E4.jpeg

B519FDB4-A483-4C95-9EE8-A000C138DCA7.jpeg

ADE7E8F9-D551-4D6C-B10B-89B86B815156.jpeg

• Like 6

I also got the two versions of the Hitachi Class 800. I know why the cases are bigger but can't explain why Kato are supplying different contents to different markets (UK vs USA). Strange at the least.

Hope the price reflects the contents. 🙄

Still I have to agree that if they are not supplying the extra track, kato should have put them in a regular size case.🤪

LNER.png

Edited by Tuga
  • Like 4
serotta1972

Ah okay, it comes with display tracks just like what they do with the US Passenger car sets. 

8 hours ago, Tuga said:

I also got the two versions of the Hitachi Class 800. I know why the cases are bigger but can't explain why Kato are supplying different contents to different markets (UK vs USA). Strange at the least.

Still I have to agree that if they are not supplying the extra track, kato should have put them in a regular size case.🤪

LNER.png

What does the outside of the box look like? Is is a book style case? Just a different shape? Or is it one of those awful giant cardboard boxes like the American trains come in?  

9 hours ago, Tuga said:

LNER.png

Where did you get these? I thought most places only offer the version without tracks.

serotta1972
12 hours ago, gavino200 said:

What does the outside of the box look like? Is is a book style case? Just a different shape? Or is it one of those awful giant cardboard boxes like the American trains come in?  

It’s a book style case but about 2” wider than normal and your standard Kato design. 

7F92F116-3C74-469D-A6D3-5909052165D8.jpeg

• Like 2

I think @gavino200 meant, is there a difference between @Tuga’s box and @serotta1972’s box, e.g. the ICE 4 also came in a green (for KATO Japan sets) and a white box (for Lemke sets) and a special cardboard ICE themed box (for Lemke DCC sets)

Edited by Yavianice
2 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

I think @gavino200 meant, is there a difference between @Tuga’s box and @serotta1972’s box, e.g. the ICE 4 also came in a green (for KATO Japan sets) and a white box (for Lemke sets) and a special cardboard ICE themed box (for Lemke DCC sets)

Yes. The Class 800 GWR (green) comes in the normal green Kato Japan set box, and the Classe 800 LNER (white) comes in a white box.

Here is a photo of both cases (UK version without the window in the outer boxes).

Class 800 Cases.JPG

Edited by Tuga
15 hours ago, Nozomi329 said:

Where did you get these? I thought most places only offer the version without tracks.

I just order my two sets from my local shop (UK) and I got this ones. 

I didn't know that they were doing a special display set exclusive for the UK market. Still a nice surprise when you open it for the very first time.

Edited by Tuga
  • Like 1