What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

1 hour ago, DanielMackay said:

Eager to track down an ICE2 set and badge up as the Amtrak demo unit.

Daniel

hi Daniel,

the Amtrak demo kit is actually an ICE 1 (the ICE 2 has a different motorcar and a cabin car and a different restaurant). Fleischmann modeled it including the Amtrak livery and is often found on German ebay. 

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I got me some of the new Kato commuter trains from the Chicago area.  I love bi-level passenger cars!  I hope they make some in Southern Pacific livery even though I already have some from Wheels of Time.

IMG_4451.thumb.jpeg.6b8d3eb1d63a3aaab29c718dde52b06e.jpegIMG_4454.thumb.jpeg.6b30f6e361f9da9b0a8dcd7f885045b9.jpegIMG_4446.thumb.jpeg.25d51df935e30f4883505e38bd4de929.jpeg

• Like 3

I pulled out my Wheels of Time Bi-Level SP and they fit perfectly in the Kato cases and I just happen to have an extra one from my Caltrain Project. 

IMG_4459.thumb.jpg.d31189ffdc592deb69451fc3c8b787d8.jpgIMG_4458.thumb.jpg.505312d43166589705021e8771787707.jpg

• Like 5
On 1/26/2020 at 12:48 AM, serotta1972 said:

I pulled out my Wheels of Time Bi-Level SP and they fit perfectly in the Kato cases and I just happen to have an extra one from my Caltrain Project. 

IMG_4459.thumb.jpg.d31189ffdc592deb69451fc3c8b787d8.jpgIMG_4458.thumb.jpg.505312d43166589705021e8771787707.jpg

Lovely line-up, but surely SP could have added a splash of color to invigorate the morning commute!

• Like 1
On 1/1/2020 at 9:09 PM, Yavianice said:

hi Daniel,

the Amtrak demo kit is actually an ICE 1 (the ICE 2 has a different motorcar and a cabin car and a different restaurant). Fleischmann modeled it including the Amtrak livery and is often found on German ebay. 

Yavianice -

Thanks to your guidance, Fleischmann kit #93-7440, the ICE 1 in Amtrak livery has been found and secured.

Growing up and working in the Northeastern US, I've had the chance to be pulled by most of Amtrak's engines over the years, which includes all of the engines one usually thinks about for Amtrak, as well as the one-offs, such as the TurboTrain (RapidoTrains with a gorgeous release last year in N) and both the German ICE and Swedish X2000 demonstrator units.

It remains vague to me if the X2000 was ever released in N scale in Sweden, so that's an obvious gap. AEM-7's aren't available commercially in N, but I am watching out for Fleischmann's Swedish and Austrian prototypes to twin with IHP's N-scale shell at Shapeways. Fleischmann's engines are out there in the second-hand market in Europe and Australia, so at some point, I'll bite the shipping bullet and purchase.

RapidoTrains planned release of the Rohr Turboliner in HO gives some hope that they might eventually release in N. That was a favorite of many of us heading to business in NYC from Albany - more room and bigger windows for those moody Hudson River views.

The GG1 is the only engine I never experienced directly, as Amtrak did not electrify the route between New Haven and Boston until 2000.

Daniel

Edited by DanielMackay
Typos

@DanielMackay the X2000 has only been modeled in HO gauge, not N gauge.

Maybe ASModell will produce it. They told me at the Nuremberg fair that they are considering to produce more Scandinavian trains since their NSB sets were a great success. Though if I were a betting man, if they will produce an EMU, they will first model the norwegian ones such as the series 70 or series 71.

• Like 1

First, found another Talgo cosch set from Electrotren, except this time in the ever elusive Amtrak paint! Ended up selling the other set.

0201201307.jpg

0201201307_HDR.jpg

Second, another snow plow for the collection, except this time it's the super fancy Beilhack blower from Roco! Coolest model I have, period.

0202201022.jpg

0202201022a.jpg

0202201032.jpg

0202201032a.jpg

0202201032b.jpg

And here's a video of it:

• Like 6

Oh man, awesome sauce! Now you’ll need to throw a big bag of fake snow on the layout and let it fly everywhere with the blower! 

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I require assistance once more...

I picked up these three little flat cars on EBay for dirt cheap. I have no idea what they are for or where they are from, but they looked neat to me and will make good spacer cars for when I'm using waaaay too much locomotive (as I tend to do).

They have knuckles, friction bearings, and spring based suspension. The kits have a wooden deck made from paper, and most of the frame seems to be made of a white metal of some sort. Perhaps moulds? The wheels, while dirty and nicely weathered, do appear to be brass.

0206201601.jpg

0206201601a.jpg

Perhaps Austrailian?

• Like 2

Okay.... I mostly have JNR / JR  stuff but I do have about 30 of these little N scale Beer Can tank cars. I got this group on Wednesday. Only one has trucks and couplers but I have bags of Micro trains trucks and couplers left over from when I had a BNSF 'empire'.

195257499_beercan.thumb.jpg.0c383b9e8b46becc7deb05e0b17d4d32.jpg

• Like 1
On 2/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, GDorsett said:

I require assistance once more...

I picked up these three little flat cars on EBay for dirt cheap. I have no idea what they are for or where they are from, but they looked neat to me and will make good spacer cars for when I'm using waaaay too much locomotive (as I tend to do).

They have knuckles, friction bearings, and spring based suspension. The kits have a wooden deck made from paper, and most of the frame seems to be made of a white metal of some sort. Perhaps moulds? The wheels, while dirty and nicely weathered, do appear to be brass.

0206201601a.jpg

Perhaps Austrailian?

I don't think they are They look like British vehicles - what were known as "carriage trucks". 

https://www.gersociety.org.uk/index.php/rolling-stock/misc-stock/carriage-trucks

All the best,

Mark.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, marknewton said:

I don't think they are They look like British vehicles - what were known as "carriage trucks". 

https://www.gersociety.org.uk/index.php/rolling-stock/misc-stock/carriage-trucks

All the best,

Mark.

That's why I said possibly Austrailian, as they have a healthy mixture of American and British trains. These lack British/European hook/loop couplers and buffers and instead have knuckles. That said, they also lack the shoving pockets that American trains had up until about the 50s, 60s and I honestly don't know of any other place in the world that had those, but that's irrelevant right now.

Carriage trucks make sense, though, details on the models aside.

Edited by GDorsett

Interesting - I purchased some Arnold N Scale locos (RENFE Alco diesels) from them last year as they were closeouts and the pricing was really good.  They were shipped quickly and I was happy with their service.

Of course, it made no sense for me to purchase these without a plan to use them!  Oh well.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

41 minutes ago, DanielMackay said:

Quite the workhorse, Sheffie. Do you have stock for it to haul?

I am looking for a few good coaches for it to haul. There's quite a selection out there. I just need to get a nice group from era 4, 5, or perhaps 6.

I still have an interest in German trains since we travel there frequently and I have a small collection of N scale rolling stock and buildings.  With a small project in mind, I ordered a few items from Germany.

Last week they finally arrived - an Aldi's supermarket and a sector plate turntable.  We shop at Aldi's here and there is one across the street from the hotel we always stay at in the Harz so I thought it would be a fun item to have.

Figured the Faller sector plate would work better than my past efforts to scratchbuild one.

Tschuess,

Tony Galiani

Faller Items 2.JPG

• Like 5

My first Proto Amfleet has arrived!

I also have a Metroliner cab car, and there's a coach waiting to be picked up.

So it begins...

0226201656.jpg

• Like 2

My latest "I had the money but probably should not have spent it" fleet addition: two more Bachmann ACS-64s!

Now I have all three paints available, being in-service, Demo, and Veteran liveries. I've put many, many long hours on my Demo unit and I intend to do the same for these two! Some quick maths on the run time of my first unit puts it over a few hundred hours or straight run time without any issues. Completely disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it at around 50 hours when I heard a squeaking and it's been fine since. Hopefully these two will give me the same painless performance.

0306201700.jpg

0306201701.jpg

0306201709.jpg

0306201709b.jpg

0306201713.jpg

0306201713a.jpg

0306201714.jpg

0306201714a.jpg

0306201714_HDR.jpg

0306201729a.jpg

0306201729.jpg

Once again, please pardon some of them embedding upside down or sideways. I still haven't figured out why or how it does that.

I guess means that I need to do a train where I use all three of them...for obvious reasons...

Edited by GDorsett
  • Like 3

I have ordered the following from Metcalfe Models in Britain:

PN104 N SCALE TERRACE HOUSES IN STONE
PN117 N SCALE CORNER SHOP & PUB IN STONE
PN135 N SCALE STONE PLATFORM KIT
MT907 ULTRA FINE TIP GLUE APPLICATORS

PN143 N SCALE TUNNEL ENTRANCES SINGLE TRACK

PN155 N SCALE WORKERS COTTAGES

PN921 N SCALE PARCEL OFFICES
PN903 N SCALE PAVING & COBBLESTONE SHEETS
PN158 N SCALE GARDENER'S COTTAGE
PN159 N SCALE CROFTER'S COTTAGE

So, that's 8 houses, 2 shops, and enough other parts for a station and streets. I might order more if there's plenty of space after I've worked out the exact plan of the village.

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts
13 hours ago, GDorsett said:

Once again, please pardon some of them embedding upside down or sideways. I still haven't figured out why or how it does that.

Not entirely sure, but I believe the forum checks the EXIF information in the file, and it's possible, if the image was shot using a phone, that the phone was tilted in such a way that the EXIF info says it might have been upside down.

If I open the image itself in Chrome, it's correct, if I open it in Edge, it's upside down...

• Thanks 1
On 3/6/2020 at 7:07 PM, GDorsett said:

My latest "I had the money but probably should not have spent it" fleet addition: two more Bachmann ACS-64s!

Now I have all three paints available, being in-service, Demo, and Veteran liveries. I've put many, many long hours on my Demo unit and I intend to do the same for these two! Some quick maths on the run time of my first unit puts it over a few hundred hours or straight run time without any issues. Completely disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it at around 50 hours when I heard a squeaking and it's been fine since. Hopefully these two will give me the same painless performance.

0306201709.jpg

0306201714_HDR.jpg

0306201729a.jpg

I guess means that I need to do a train where I use all three of them...for obvious reasons...

Now you need to indulge in the originals -- The Siemens DB 193 Vectron and DB 182 / ÖBB 1x16 Taurus etc.  Lots and lots to choose form there livery wise. 😉 

7 hours ago, chadbag said:

Now you need to indulge in the originals -- The Siemens DB 193 Vectron and DB 182 / ÖBB 1x16 Taurus etc.  Lots and lots to choose form there livery wise. 😉 

Don't tempt me. I considered getting another ACS and repainting it for freight use, but I might as well just Americanize a Vectron at that point. I've seriously considered it...

• Haha 1