What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)

Suica

scotspensioner

Just to say  55000 was based in the Edinburgh area for a time where it was a regular on my train in the morning going to work

• Like 1
serotta1972

Attended the EuroWest European Train Enthusiast show in the Bay Area which is a Marklin HO centric event except for this one gentleman with a small N scale German layout and he is always place in some little corner of the museum.  I always pay him a visit and he jokes about being the step child or black sheep but he gets his share of visitors.  Well today he was selling some of his Arnold Rapido trains from his youth that his dad had given him.  They are in great condition and at a great price so I got them.  

IMG_1156.thumb.jpg.40b9cade8cc3f943283cde32ff4cdb5d.jpgIMG_1159.thumb.jpg.f799b7b52377d6600781095ebf548080.jpgIMG_1160-2.thumb.jpg.9f9da208f25ada87e84ced8732b042f5.jpgIMG_1158.thumb.jpg.1a1ceb753849080fa579328e5127bb7e.jpg

• Like 6

Got my special set of F40PH-2Ds from Rapido today! Via Rail in Canada has been leasing out the space on the side of their locomotives for years and they've seen everything from hardware stores to Operation Lifesaver, to Kool Aid (which I have a model of) on the side of their rebuilt F40s. Rapido recently made a quiet release of a Silver Bullet version in a special, two locomotive pack in both DCC/Sound and DCC-Ready versions. As a fan of special liveries, I had to have these!

One set of Coors Light Silver Bullet Express F40s!

0730191649.jpg

0730191649b.jpg

0730191651a.jpg

0730191652.jpg

0730191657a.jpg

0730191658.jpg

I am planning on running these together with my Kool Aid version as a set of three to pull whatever I happen to have handy, non of which match Via. Deal with it.

• Like 4
serotta1972

i just joined the Minitown DF11Z club, gave in to all the peer pressure.  😁 The model looks amazing and it has swiveling diaphragms.

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
serotta1972

Yes, it is N Scale as Yavianice mentioned but the detailing is like that you would usually see in HO.

I got it from eztranscom.com, a retailer in Hong Kong.  They have other CNR items too, I'm waiting for the passenger cars to go with the DF11Z.  Their prices are good too compared to eBay prices.  

https://cart.eztranscom.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62

Is that one product consisting of two locomotives or two products each of which is one locomotive? I looked at the website and it looked like you get a choice of which end to buy... but it’s not clear. 

Edited to add: never mind. They’re a pair of locos. But! Minimum radius 280mm and my layout is 249mm

Edited by Sheffie

You get a par of locos, they are operated in AB sets.  So you'd get 002a and 002b for example.  Both are powered too, which is a nice feature.

5 hours ago, Sheffie said:

The radius is such a shame because they look very nice 

Whats your minimum radius?  They seem to be surprisingly flexible about tight curves.

6 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Whats your minimum radius?  They seem to be surprisingly flexible about tight curves.

The web page said 280mm, which is Tomiz standard I think. 

My layout uses Kato tracks and has 249mm curves on the inner loop.

I tried to message @serotta1972 to ask them directly, but I got confused by the interface.

Edited by Sheffie

I can test mine tomorrow and see.  I'm not sure if it can do quite that tight but I'll give it a go and let you know.

• Thanks 1
serotta1972

@Sheffie got your message and replied but not sure if you can see it because it's in my profile.  But, thanks Sam for testing yours.

I tested mine today on kato r249 curves and while they can make it, they aren't very happy doing so.  Probably the next size up would be better if you can.

@Sheffie

Edited by Kiha66
  • Thanks 1

Is eztranscom broken?

- i haven’t been able to check out an order

- i have not received a confirmation email after registering 

- i have not received a reply to a message left on the site

Which site did you use to order?  Apparently now we have to use the cart.eztranscom site instead as the other one doesn't work.  If you made an account on the orginal site it should work on the new site though.  I had a lot of trouble with it myself until recently, I'm not sure what changed. 

Edited by Kiha66

The Kunter Passenger Car sets arrived from Hong Kong.  They are nicely detailed, crisp paint and uses the Tomix style power pick up.  It has body mounted Rapido couplers with kine-matic action with a decent gap between cars.  

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 4