10-196 10-197 equivalent sought

kmcsjr

Folks

I have 10-195 113 Yokosuka line. Which surprisingly can be found on Amazon for nearly $700 USD... In 9 years I've never found 10-196 or 10-197.... and there is NO way I'd pay those prices.

Does anyone know if similar "close enough" cars have been run? If so, can you let me know.

Thanks

Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty,

Have you looked at yahoo.jp auction? Probably there but probably pricy then there will be the service fees...

Jeff

Jeff

I did not know about yahoo.jp auction

Kiha66

If the fees are shippng at close to what the site estimator listed plus the fees advertised when I bid, I'm good. If their are hidden fees.. Maybe I'll get outbid!!!!

A lot of stuff is in yahoo.jo auctions, it's the ebay of Japan. There are auction services that will bid on it for you and then it ships to them and they can combine wins or other Japanese prurchases that done ship overseas int a package to you. Usually ends up adding around 30% to the price. Searching is a bit of work as it's in Japanese but with translator browser you can find a lot of stuff. It's the way to find the older and oop stuff, can be reasonable or absurd, just like ebay!

Some tutorial info here on the services and such. Quite a few folks on the forum do this so ask questions and I'm sure you can get some answers.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/801-how-to-bid-in-japanese-auctions-for-dummies/

Also might let Nariichi San at model train plus know what you are looking for as he sometimes comes across second hand stuff. Very good chap to get to know and order from.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks. One last question. the links above sent me to buyee.jp - From what I can tell, I registered and placed bids. No payment was made ahead of time, to Buyee, as described in auctions for dummies. I checked Pay Pal, no payment taken. Did the format change. Again, thank you for taking the time

Edited by kmcsjr

Hey great! Careful yahoo.jp auctions are dangerous! I did some a long time back and realized it was super easy to get horridly in deep fast and have tried to avoid even looking...

Cheers

Jeff

Glad it worked out for you kmcsjr, happy to help!  Sorry to introduce you to buyee tho, its a dangerous place!  You find things you never knew you needed, then its all downhill from there....

railsquid

Hey great! Careful yahoo.jp auctions are dangerous! I did some a long time back and realized it was super easy to get horridly in deep fast and have tried to avoid even looking...

Top tip: don't live in Japan. I try and restrict myself to the non-Japanese offerings but fell down the Japanese rabbit hole recently...

Yeah at least the auction service and shipping overseas puts a little damper on things!

Jeff

The 10-196 arrived and is exactly as advertised. The folks at Buyee were clear and upfront about fees, so it was my choice. My only disappointment is, I "won" the 10-197, but the seller cancelled. No fees, but not train... I haven't figured out saving a search, so I look every now and then.

I don't know how you do that! I type in Kato 10-197 and get nothing. I mention it here, and you find it! What I need next is a big winning lottery ticket!!!! Thank you.

But what I'd really like is a goodreliable DCC ready or equipped steam engine. Can you point to that?

Edited by kmcsjr

Glad I could help!  Kato's C62's are possible to convert to DCC, as are the C59s and D51s.  I've even seen decoder installations in 9600s, C11s and 12s.  I'm currently in the process of adding a sound decoder to a C62, and I'll probably do the same once the new D51 comes out in the fall.  Depending on how this one comes out, I may be willing to convert others if you would like them, although probably not with sound, as fitting the speaker is somewhat of a challenge without removing the tender weights. 

post-3846-0-76643600-1494622314_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-27393800-1494622317_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-30427200-1494622318_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-85497300-1494622319_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-11518900-1494622321_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-67129200-1494622322_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-61287200-1494622324_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-52964700-1494622326_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-61271600-1494622328_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-18403800-1494622331_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-71613900-1494622388_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Drunkenclam

Although I don't use Buyee but other services. I have the item I'm searching for saved as a bookmark from the original yja website, so I can just recall it at a click of the button. If I find what I'm looking for. I then copy and paste the url in to the deputies website for bidding.

A quick note. If you use the Shoppingmalljapan website (Don't have to actually bid through them but they do have a 60 day holding period) you can get 3 different translations of the auction listing with a quick click. (Google, Yahoo, Bing)

Thanks, I'll poke around there.

GOT IT!!!! Now just waiting on processing. [emoji846]

It's shipping! Now I just have to risk a few other similarly motored cars, figuring out DCC - directional LED front and back car lighting!