Epoxy mixers another makeup item

cteno4

So I had to mix up a small bit of epoxy yesterday and I had just found I had some of these I got last year and forgot about. They are small spatulas for mixing up and applying makeup. At a couple of cents each they are well worth it as they are perfect for mixing and applying small amounts of epoxy. I'm always cutting up thin scrap strip from table saw waste for glue sticks, but being rough wood they tend to end up with most of the epoxy sticking to the wood and it can be hard to mix the epoxy well. I learned from working with the guys in the fiberglass shop at the aquarium when I was young that really good mixing and folding of you epoxy is essential or it won't bind and harden well.

These suckers are perfect shape and size for little jobs and the epoxy does not glom up on them like they do with wood sticks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plastic-Spoon-For-Cream-Mixing-Spatulas-Spoon-Stick-Makeup-Tool-Accessories-M-C-/292074050117?var=&hash=item4400f85245:m:m6QTpT0kNdyAmyzkngfAqQQ

Search makeup spatula on ebay. Usually 50 for $1.50-2.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Many of these kinds of things on ebay in buy it now have quantity selections so you have to be careful as the can range widely on the low and high quantity end prices in different listings. Some try to such you in with a cheapo item thrown in there to give a low main listing price or don't show the range. I've seen some with good small quantity prices and then gets more expensive per piece the more you buy (this happens on amazon as well.)

Jeff

I've seen some with good small quantity prices and then gets more expensive per piece the more you buy (this happens on amazon as well.)

In theory it should be the other way around ;-)