Any good JR / Shinkansen Train Sim games?

adrianKeith

adrianKeith

Are there any good train sim games for PC or any console that you folks recommend? Would like to try some! Train Simulator seemed like the way to go but read a lot of complaints on Steam. I wouldn't mind picking up a console or handheld if the experience is worth it!

Thanks!

The Wakayama & Sakurai Lines for Train Simulator is not bad, I like it.

I recently bought a New Nintendo 3DS for playing some rail sim on it, have 2 games (Japanese Rail Sim 3D - Monorail trip to Okinawa and Journey to Kyoto), both are good, but after few hours you will know every curve and sign. :)

If you can buy any Densha De Go, it worth a try. The graphic is oldschool, but the gameplay can be hard sometimes.

BVE5 is a good tip for PC, while TrainDrive ATS and TrainDrive 2 can be great for mobile phones or tablets.

• Like 1
adrianKeith

The Wakayama & Sakurai Lines for Train Simulator is not bad, I like it.

I recently bought a New Nintendo 3DS for playing some rail sim on it, have 2 games (Japanese Rail Sim 3D - Monorail trip to Okinawa and Journey to Kyoto), both are good, but after few hours you will know every curve and sign. :)

If you can buy any Densha De Go, it worth a try. The graphic is oldschool, but the gameplay can be hard sometimes.

BVE5 is a good tip for PC, while TrainDrive ATS and TrainDrive 2 can be great for mobile phones or tablets.

I'm surprised they don't have the Yamanote line for Train Simulator. I'll look into it :)

Do TrainDrive ATS / TrainDrive 2 have any JR trains? I guess I should have mentioned in my post I'm mainly interested in JR.

Thanks!

Auran's Trainz Simulator has a large amount of Japanese trains (shinkansen, commuters and KiHas as well) on the DLS.

Link to Auran official Trainz forum.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?3916-Japan

For Densha De GO! you can download the version from a website (link to related thread)

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/12278-ever-wanted-densha-de-go-on-your-pc/

On Train Simulator/Railworks  there are only a couple of Japanese routes: The Sanyo shinkansen with the 300 series, a Rural KiHA Route and the most interesting, as IST said, the Wakayama & Sakurai lines of JR West, with the 103 and 105 series included.

Also MSTS had a few japanese-related addons, but i don't recommend it.

All of the above are for PC.