Spot the difference

Drunkenclam

Drunkenclam

So I got my 2 Kato E231-500 Yamanote line sets out for a quick test run before packing up my basic oval at the end of the school holiday. One complete 11 car set (4+4+3 / 10-890,10-891, 10-892) and one 8 car set (4+4 / 10-890, 10-891)

Both far to long for such a small oval, but just wanted to see how they ran.

Whist putting together the 11 car set. I spotted something wrong with car no.6 (the one with the motor in it.)

It seems to have been manufactured wrong.

Can you spot the difference.

Both together

post-3115-0-27429400-1492973430_thumb.jpg

A: car

post-3115-0-94678900-1492973411_thumb.jpg

B: car

post-3115-0-42758700-1492973470_thumb.jpg

The little black squares next to the doors

That's right. It's the car's number. Car B is correct.

Someone must've put car A the wrong way around in the printing machine.

Wow you guys sure know your trains well... took me a long time to find it!

If you spin the shell 180 degrees the pantograph will be on the front side.... which is prototypically wrong...

Hello,

Contact your supplier.  Send it back.  The whole set in the case.  Ask for a replacement.  Such errors should not occur.

Drunkenclam

Spot on you guys.

Unfortunately. The way the roof design slots in one way only. So can't reverse the roof.

Kato do sale the body on its own in its spare parts. As I brought it in Japan. Shipping it there and back probably wouldn't be cost effective.

Drunkenclam

Yes. If I could reverse the roof. All would be well with the world.

When its in formation, it really stands out. Just hope I can track down a 4472-4A but most stores say out of stock. I'll try to contact Kato after work.

Should have bought the Greenmax kits and painted it yourself. Way cheaper.... But, this error says something about Kato as their quality control ain't what it use to be. As I bought one of the steam locomotive Soundbox cards. That I sent to everybody but not Kato Japan as the shipping would have been expensive.

I wonder how many folks are going to buy their Hiwathi trainset. As the F3's are standard issue along with the coaches. The observation car is the only thing that makes it special... But, in N scale for $250.

That's a joke... I wonder if somebody at Shapeways will have one in N scale for $45 or less.

Drunkenclam

No joy. I did ask the guys at Gaugemaster if they can contact them and try to get a replacment body. But as I didn't buy it from them expect to pay full price. At least if they get it with their shipment. I wouldn't be paying international postage