Private railways/3rd sector railways popularity survey

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

The magazine "Travel and Railways" is conducting an online survey of railfan favorite/most popular private/third sector railways.  The voting began on March 22 and will last until April 20.  Final results will be published in the July issue of the magazine, on the newsracks May 20.

As of April 15 JST, the most popular railway is Keikyu, with Hankyu coming in second and Kintetsu third.

https://www.tetsudo.com/special/tabitetsu/

Tōbu is leading over Odakyū! GO! GO! TŌBU! xD

Come to think of it... Is Tōbu the only Ōte-shitetsu with a steam train?

• Like 1

What about the Oigawa and Mooka railways? Or they are too small to count?

Those are not Ōte-shitetsu (big private railways), but Chūshō-shitetsu (medium and small private railways) and Dai-san-sekutā (3rd Sector) respectively.

• Like 1

What about the Oigawa and Mooka railways? Or they are too small to count?

Those aren't major private railways.

However, Oigawa railway is a subsidiary of Meitetsu, which is a major private railway.

Odakyu has 64 votes.

Wish I could vote...

Tōbu is leading over Odakyū! GO! GO! TŌBU! xD

No! GO! ODAKYU! GO! ODAKYU! Don't you love those Romance Cars!

Wish I could vote...

I was able to vote >:3

No! GO! ODAKYU! GO! ODAKYU! Don't you love those Romance Cars!

Sorry, the diversity of Tōbu... It just is too much for me xd

I'm not surprised that Keikyu is #1, considering its very impressive punctuality and the fact they never really ran any "fancy" train until very recently. Even more so considering all the train monitoring and track switching is still done by mostly human operators.

Das Steinkopf

I can understand why Hankyu is up in the top 3, the level of service and their immaculate trains is second to none. I wonder how the Otsu Lines are fairing, or are they just being bundled in with the rest of the Keihan Railway, mind you I got excellent service the other day at Keihan Gion. I showed one of the staff pictures of my Otsusen stock and he then showed me some Youtube footage of when he was a driver driving an 800 Series, he also gave me a Hibikie Euphonium pamphlet.