Dapol Pannier question

kmcsjr

Folks

Hi. It's been a while. I have a Dapol Terrier in N scale. I love it. It's an amazing runner. I can't find any more, but their Pannier looks nice. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found pannier tank engines appealing, and a dozen years ago converted an OO gauge engine to a free-lance On30 version.  Molly was the name of my girlfriend's dog.  I was later told that the pannier tank arrangement was not a good choice for NG locomotives.  Oh well.  This was my sole attempt at detailing a back-head.

gallery_941_192_41008.jpg

Folks

Hi. It's been a while. I have a Dapol Terrier in N scale. I love it. It's an amazing runner. I can't find any more, but their Pannier looks nice. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Marty

Yup, I have a Dapol 57xx, which runs pretty nicely. Though with Dapol it seems a bit of a lucky dip whether the loco you get is satisfactory. I acquired a 14xx (2-4-0) which runs beautifully, but other people have reported flakiness.

The Farish 64xx pannier is also very nice.

Yep, if you get a good one it's great, if you get a rough one, not so much.

Reminds me, I must get around to fixing the Ivatt 2-6-2 tank I bought as a non runner. Fixed two axles of shifted cranks only for the third to shift too. The crankpins are loose too as they evidently weren't designed to be removed and refitted.