The Once and Future Roster Thread

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

I just noticed there's not thread for people to post pics of their roster to! So here is one. And here is my current roster, sans KIHA 110 (just couldn't find room for it): Series E4 shinkansen, Yamanote Line E231-500, EF66 hauling KOKI 104s, 106s, & 200s, and EF65-1000 hauling HOKI 800s.

roster.jpg

Martijn Meerts

I need to build a rather large storage area/fiddle yard before I can make a roster picture ;)

As of this moment, calculated quite roughly (not counting the sets of passenger and freight cars etc), I have:

8 shinkansen (1 on pre-order)

4 EMU's (4 on pre-order)

2 DMU's (4 on pre-order)

7 steam locomotives (2 on pre-order)

4 electric locomotives

4 diesel locomotives (2 on pre-order)

6 railbusses

1 tram (1 on pre-order)

1 cargo express

And no room to build anything or even display them :/

Guest bill937ca

Here's what I have.

Trains

1 Kato Series 787

1 Kato Urban Liner

1 Tomix Meitetsu Panorama 7000

Trams and Interurbans (all Modemo)

2 articulated Tokyu LRV trams

2 four axle trams (1 on pre-order)

1 two car Tokyu Deha 80 train

1 Enoshima two car train

1 Enoshima articulated car

Tomytec Train Collections (each two car trains, to be motorized)

Kotoden 1020

Meitetsu 3700

Odakyu 2200

Oikawa 312

The wish list includes a Series 189 Azusa, a Series 165 EMU in Shonan colors, and a Series 231 Yamanote (or other commuter train). On a more vague line perhaps a Tokyo area private railway EMU train from Micro Ace or Greenmax.  Tomix's upcoming reissue of the Tobu 100 Series Spacia has me tempted.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10047045a/20/1

Now, if I wasn't building a layout I could probably afford a couple of these items on the wish list!!  :'(

sorry to dig this up i know there is a few of these threads but i was wondering if you think it would be a good idea to open a roster thread.

I will manage the first post and edit in any new members roster with a link to their post

so members can look at the first post click the user they want to look at and be take directly to that users roster post. This will stop multiple threads and users posting twice in that same topic with additions as they can easily search their roster post and edit it.

What you all think??

keitaro,

Did you mean a sub-forum or just a topic?  I suggested a sub-forum on Platform 4 some time back and got poo-pooed.  I still think it is a great idea.  Within the sub-forum each of us would have their own roster thread.  We could have our up-to-date roster as the first post (since we can always edit) and we can use replies to report on what we've ordered, had delivered, etc.

Your thoughts.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Martijn Meerts

My roster there is terribly out of date .. I'm afraid if I list me entire roster, some of you might attempt a break in ;)

I might make a special trip Martijn ... I'm Australian, after all !!! :grin

I still think it would be easier to manage our own threads in a separate sub-forum. 

I'll be updating my roster just before Christmas.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Do you really want me to place up my train roster up? lol... You would of seen some of them in the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group's (AJMRG) event photos page.

I have of the following:

Shinkansen Fleet -

2x 500 Nozomi (1- 8 car set, 1- 16 car set)

1x 700 Hikari Rail Star (8 car set)

1x N700-0 Nozomi (16 car set)

1x E2 Hayate (10 car set)

1x E3 Komachi (6 car set)

1x E4 Max (8 car set)

1x E5 Hayabusa (10ccar set)

1x 800 Sakura (6 car set)

Future Fleet coming out:

Shinkansen

1x 300-3000 Sanyo Nozomi (16 car set)

1x 500-7000 Kodama (8 car set)

1x 923 Dr. Yellow (7 car set)

I would need a very big stabling yard for just the shinkansens that is listed I am not going to write down the Commuter, Limited Expresses, Overnight trains or Frieght train lists as it is a big list. The scary part is that I have only been in the AJRMG the shortest amount of time and yet I got a bigger collection of trains.

I have entirely too many trains...just kidding, there's no such thing.  I do have far more than I can reasonably run, even with my intent to only buy trains that operate in the Tokyo area.  I tell myself that it's for a future "big" layout, but mostly I just like to collect trains.

Rather than post a list here, I'll just provide a link to my Roster page, which has photos and a short description of each (the Shinkansen's are fairly far down the page, as my focus is on commuter EMUs).

I tell myself that it's for a future "big" layout, but mostly I just like to collect trains.

I tell myself that all the time... But yes, hoarding.. Er.. "collecting" is really my hobby.

I tell myself that it's for a future "big" layout, but mostly I just like to collect trains.

I tell myself that all the time... But yes, hoarding.. Er.. "collecting" is really my hobby.

same i think we can all say that but i do intend on making a much larger layout in next year or two

I will NOT post the picture of the BT Trains warehouse and, due to BT Trains, I have neither a layout or organized roster at the moment.

My 7 year old has a Tomix DD51 that he loves with some assorted freight cars, the family has a Tusbame 800 we run around the Christmas tree (It has a red nose Daddy, just like Rudolph!) and I have a Seibu line train in yellow and silver that matches the one I used to take to school.

So, I have about 100 trains on the shelf and 4-5 in the roster.

Bob

Martijn Meerts

I guess by now I have about 100 trains in the roster... More if I count all the non-Japanese trains, and even more if I count the 'waiting-to-be-fixed' trains :)

On a side note, I'm slowly working on the locowerks site (the community train database thingy), implementing the things of which I know how they should be implemented :)

I still think it's a bad idea, that said, people are more than welcome to post pictures of their babies if they want to, I'm all for it but we used to have gallery for that...