Shop Weirdos On Their Cell Phones

scott

potential shop lifter or weirdo (well i guess i do fit that)...

If you hang around long enough, you can become the "shop weirdo."

hey no fair you guys both know me!

at least i dont wear a cell phone headphone while shopping and talk to myself (well i do mutter to myself now and then w/o it, but not full conversations, but i do know my selves well enough to finish the others lines)! about a year or so back i started to think i was living in Berkeley again as a lot of folks seem to be all of a sudden talking out loud to someone in the stores who was not there. now im starting to feel like cell phones should be banned from the grocery store as the other day it was like death race 2000 with the shopping carts in the local grocery store. every other person was on the bluetooth having random conversations (not should i get the lima or pinto beans dear) and not paying attention at all to what they were doing, or was going on around them! also could not hear me say politely excuse me to get by. ok rant off...

hmmm i guess i am the store weirdo...

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

It's especially weird when some dude who's on the phone using a tiny bluetooth earpiece that's covered by his hair, so you can't see it. And they tend to be staring straight at you, so you think they're talking to you...

I was taking the bus back from Manhattan to Valley cottage Friday night and this woman toward the back of the bus was talking on her NexTel in Direct Connect mode. the bus driver pulled he bus over and yelled at her. I guess he needed all his concentration to blow the horn and weave in and out of traffic like he was at 2230 hrs.

dont blame him would be worse than driving a bus full of kids!

I know wayyyy to much about too many total strangers having conversations that should be private on those two way suckers. i got to hear one guy's complete medical history, hemorrhoids and all, when his wife was in line in front of me at the grocery store. it was like the rest of the world was not there to them! I finally asked her if she could have the conversation when she got in the car as it was pretty loud and i was not sure she realized what she was broadcasting to everyone w/in 40 feet in the store. she was definitely miffed about it, but i was too polite about it for her to really get mad w/o looking bad. got lots of big smiles from those around me though.

cheers

jeff

I don't like them either, but she wasn't sitting in the front of the bus. She was pretty close to the back, and it wasn't like he wasn't talking on his cellphone while driving, which violates NY State law, and his CDL.

I thought the guy at the urinal in the airport bathroom was a real oddball, since he was looking down and saying, in an aggravated tone, "C'mon, you!" But he was just talking to his earpiece.

Embarassing people who are on the phone in the bathroom by flushing next to them is fun.

OK, so maybe I'm a weirdo, too. But anybody who can't get off the phone long enough to go to the bathroom deserves it.

about half the train i was just on was on the cell phone between dc and nyc! had to finally tell one guy to quiet down as he got into a heated religious conversation and forgot where he was. i think also folks dont turn the volume of their phones up so on the train its they cant hear well and it makes them think they need to shout! at one time there were about 10 loud conversations going on at once around us. the quiet car was full so no joy there...

the guy behind us was good about not talking on his cell, but his crackberry had some totally blown out rap tune that played every time he got a message, about every 5 minutes...

do  i sound like a cranky old bastard or what!

mumble, grumble, mumble

jeff