T-Trak Labo (Kato Hobby Centre Tokyo)

Kabutoni

For those interested, the 8th of April I'll be joining a special event at the Kato Hobby Centre in Tokyo: http://www.katomodels.com/hobbycenter/blog/tokyo/000648.php

20170309103020915_01-thumb-550xauto-1397

Poster @T-Trak Network路面モジュール運転会 and T-Trak Tokyo Project

This will be a unique event where both 25mm and 33mm (alternate) modules will be joined together in a double + double loop setup, so we have both a light rail and heavy rail section in operation. A short lecture will be given by my friend Mr. Hayama from RM Models (Neko Publishing).

If you happen to be around or are interested in coming over, please don't hesitate to visit! :)

• Like 9
nscalestation

When I was in the Kato Hobby Center in 2015 I thought it looked like there was enough room left upstairs for some modular layout setups.  Is that where it is going to be ?

The event space is upstairs indeed. There is room for a seating area for lectures, as well as space for a modular setup. There are even more conference rooms, but I doubt these will be opened for the public (I haven't seen them myself yet as well).

Yesterday was pretty successful for a singular T-Trak related event, even though the weather wasn't too good. Had the weather been better, there would probably have been more visitors. Nonetheless, we set up the two layouts, had a 1:30 hour panel with Mr. Kato, RM Models' Mr. Hayama, Rōmen Module chairman Mr. Oguma, T-Trak chairman Mr. Uematsu, and pioneer and overall walking encyclopedia Mr. Higurashi. After that, it was running trains, chatting it up and eventually hit the pub to get mildly drunk (not ragingly, as the modules also needed to be carried home after that).

Some pictures from that day:

IMG_20170408_114046.jpg IMG_20170408_122341.jpg IMG_20170408_122409.jpg IMG_20170408_160659_DRO.jpg

IMG_20170408_160720_DRO.jpg IMG_20170408_122725.jpg IMG_20170408_122801.jpg IMG_20170408_134258.jpg

IMG_20170408_134311.jpg IMG_20170408_114153.jpg

Also lots of handmade models (both fictional and non-foctional), as well as Ingrams. Very fine looking models from the Patlabor universe, handmade by Mr. Shinpo, a fellow artist known from the RM Models Tomytec moving bus layout and his endless fantasy projects.

More pictures: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouchans_factory/e/ba1b5739cf290b7563130a63e87943e7

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 10

Thanks for sharing Toni, the cruise train would've taken a while to build with all those small windows, fine work!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Toni, the cruise train would've taken a while to build with all those small windows, fine work!

Made by a university student who has a knack for making custom rolling stock. I think we'll be seeing more work from him in the future, as he seemed pretty outgoing about his craft.

Toni - is this flex track, or very well ballasted Kato?

https://postimg.cc/image/5ggw6uqwd/

It's ballasted Kato track. This module is actually on semi-permanent display in the Kato Hobby Store and acted as a fall-in to extend the relatively small T-Trak setup.

• Like 1

Great amazing custom stuff displayed! That FGT dual gauge shinkansen made off from an E6 looks great! The paint works on that bus is really nice too ~

Thanks for sharing Toni san!

Is this train a hand made model, or I was not aware that it has already released by a model train manufacturer company?

->

Made by a university student who has a knack for making custom rolling stock. I think we'll be seeing more work from him in the future, as he seemed pretty outgoing about his craft.

;)

• Like 1

Toni,

Nice show! Looks like it was fun.

Was the big silver oval station based on a prototype or a fantasy model? Looks very well constructed.

Jeff

Was the big silver oval station based on a prototype or a fantasy model? Looks very well constructed.

That module is already relatively old and has Hiroden-nishi-hiroshima as its prototype model. It's still going strong and this setup had the trams stop nicely on the station's tracks.