Oh My G-d, It's A Gundam... Aaaarrrgghhh!!

Martijn Meerts

I pre-ordered the PG 00 Gundam.. It's expensive, sure, but it comes with so much cool stuff. Not only does it have LED's all over the place, the GN Drives actually have motors in them, so they spin while they light up =)

It's a shame it's not a PG version of the broken up Exia in the first episode of season 2, but on the other hand, I have the MG version of that one =)

My first PG, looking forward to it.

Martjin, did the PG of 00 ever come?

Yeah, got it a long time ago. Still haven't started on it though ;) Took me a while to translate the color charts of the various Gundam models I have, and then it took a while to get all the paint ordered.

Right now I'm experimenting with my 1:144 Zaku II before starting on the 1:144 Force Impulse, Gaia, Abyss and Chaos (for the Gundam module), MG Exia, MG Wing and the PG 00. I plan on doing a complete re-paint of the Zaku II, including the subframe, as well as glue all the pieces together and then sand down all the unwanted seams etc. I'm also working on installing an LED in the head of the Zaku II, rather than use the crappy sticker that's included. That way the eye sensor can actually light up :) I managed to get a 3mm pink LED to fit without major modifications. Obviously I had to drill the 3mm hole, but other than that it was surprisingly straight forward. The idea is to route the wires through the body and 1 of the legs, and then try to install some sort of socket inside the foot.

I've also been tempted to order more PG's since it seems they're re-releasing some of the older ones, but I still have so many kits I should finish first, I can hardly justify buying even more kits ;)

Martijn Meerts

The Zaku's have a certain charm, and the 1:144 model is actually really nice. I'm also not confident enough with my painting to go for the PG, which is why I'm building a few smaller ones first, and just do some general testing. I've airbrushed/spray painted a couple of things before (like my 1:16 Tiger tank) but sometimes it works out well, and sometimes it doesn't. Of course, not having a well lit place to do the airbrushing doesn't help much ;)

I'm definitely going to paint all the gundams though, because out of the box they look too plastic for my taste :)

I have the following Gundam in my collection:

Gundan SEED/ Destiny/Astray

1/144

Oowashi Akatsuki

Gunner Zaku Warrior (Lunamaria Hawke)

Gouf Ignited (Heine Westenfluss)

Gouf Ignite (Yzak Jule)

Blaze Zaku Phantom (Dearka Elthman)

Strike Freedom

Infinite Justice

Destiny Gundam

Gundam Astray Blue Frame

Other Gundam

1/100

MS-06J ZakuII

RX-77-2 Guncannon

RX-79 (G) Gundam (MS 08 Team)

Gundam SEED Zaku with Blaze and Gunner wizard.

Other items

RX-79 (G) ground force war set.

And now with Bandai and Gundam.info have been releasing their new products GBF (Gundam Build Fighters) I have been collecting more HG gunpla.

post-559-0-89786000-1391008425_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

Would that be a Gunbear? ;)

Haven't bought any new Gundams for a while now. The PG 00 raiser has been built by now, although just a test build. I need to take it apart, sand down all the pieces where I cut the parts from the sprue, glue, sand, prime and paint all the parts. (which is basically what I still need to do with all my Gundams ;))

I have bought a couple of the newer Real Grade ones, and those are actually really nice. They're 1:144, but more detailed than the HG ones.

Nothing beats the PG though, I need to get more of those at some point :D

Bearguy? Man!

The new Gunpla anime isn't bad, but i still prefer the classics gundam... Using models to fight just ain't my cup tea... I perfer a nice story plot with various mechs... 

If i can steal a quote from Trowa Barton from Gundam Wing (Heavy Arms pilot) 'ガンダムを見る人は、生きるために許されない'. 'Those who saw the gundam cannot be allowed to live~~