Where to sell back wrongly bought trains? Help pls

Kenji T.

To put it simply, I was in a rush at akihabara today and bought the wrong trainset (mircroace A3584). Is there any shop in tokyo, better yet, Akihabara, that buys back trains from people? Maybe a place where we can sell second hand or unused trains to shops? Flying back to Singapore next week! Thanks in advance!

:)

Popondetta, Hobby Land Pochi, Mandarake, HobbyOff/BookOff and MONTA (same building as Greenmax) are examples. You do need a reference address for selling however.

Almost any hobby train shops buy back 2nd hand used goods, like Toni has mentioned. Do note apart from the need for a reference address (dunno if hotel address can be used), it will also be bought back at a % lesser than what you bought it for surely.

Das Steinkopf

You could always take it back home and put it on eBay, sure it may take longer to get rid of but you might actually be able to turn a profit on it compared to getting maybe 50% back at the best, secondhand trains in Japan are in abundance but Japanese trains on sites in Western countries are fewer and tend toward be more expensive.

• Like 1

Thought about that option, but judging that it is a add-on set without motor A3584, it is highly unlikely to be able to sell at a good profit, though you MIGHT get back what you paid for it. then again, add in paypal fees and ebay fees... well... you can decide the better option... 

Where did you get it from in the first place? Depending on the shop they might exchange it for something of equivalent value if you ask nicely.

Im going back to akiba so I'll just exchange it there. Kinda my fault for being careless but i was too excited to double check