Tomix E3-2000

nah00

I have (or should I say have had for a while) the Tomix Yamagata Shinkansen in the old Tsubasa color scheme. I'm finally getting around to putting the transfers on it and it seems less than self-explanatory. I've been looking at pictures of the prototype online and I don't see individual car numbers printed above and behind the bogie....were they printed on this particular train...? I can find a decent amount of pictures online but it doesn't help that everybody photographs the front of the train and not where the car numbers are. 

This is the specific train I have:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10304581

Edited by nah00
serotta1972

Hey nah00, put everything back in the box and put the Tomix E3-2000 on the Classifieds or Ebay and then Pre-Order the Kato E3-2000, problem solved.

serotta - Now it's an excuse for me to buy another E3 seeing as it's my favorite livery. 

kvp - I was able to pick them out, thanks! They really don't stand out at all, almost to the point I wonder if they'll be noticeable on the model. The transfers on the windows will be fun but I still have to do my Tohoku Shinkansen so I'll consider it practice for that. 

Also while researching this...when is someone going to make the Genbi Shinkansen?

Edited by nah00
Also while researching this...when is someone going to make the Genbi Shinkansen?

I'm surprised that Kato and Tomix haven't released it yet.  Kato's E3-700 Roundhouse model was a brisk seller, so I don't think a lack of demand is the issue.

Maybe the paint scheme is too detailed for a mass-produced n gauge item? 

After looking at the work Kato was able to do with the newest Girls und Panzer cars I can't see how paint would be an issue, the improvement on the paint from the first single car to the two car set is VERY noticeable. Then again the dark train and brilliant colors may be a problem to get to look right (the dark color might bleed out some of the detail or make it fuzzy). 

Price might also be an issue, this would easily be north of $300 just because of the paint job but I don't think they'd have a problem selling it given how unique it is.