JAM 2017

Edo-San

My last post from subject 'JAM 2016', the punt about the event happening on the third weekend of August, is officially announce on Tokyo Big Sight events calender. :)

This year's JAM convention is held on the 18 to 20 August 2017 from 1000hrs to 1800hrs (10am to 6pm).

Therefore, I will be attending on the 19 August, before departing on my cruise the following day.

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf

Nicely timed Ed, I expect to see lots of nice pictures when you get back, would be nice if Doug-San could fly over from HK and meet up with you at the show, it's been a long time since you were both at an exhibition together just this time you wouldn't have to be his layout gimp.

where is the website for jam 2017?

http://kokusaitetsudoumokei-convention.jp

Personally, I'm not sure yet on what day I'll be going, but there will probably be a meeting in the evening with some friends and acquaintances I'd like to attend. Thinking about that, it will probably be Saturday...

Edited by Kabutoni

This year I'll be visiting on Saturday. Perhaps again having a drink with the folk from Nanyō Bussan as always. For those who'd like to meet up there and/or join the toasting, please let me know!

Is this the latest video from JAM 2017?

Tetsudo Mokei Contest. It was held just last weekend. I wanted to participate, but because of a lot of family related things, I couldn't even find the time to visit, let alone time to make a module... :/

Tetsudo Mokei Contest. It was held just last weekend. I wanted to participate, but because of a lot of family related things, I couldn't even find the time to visit, let alone time to make a module... :/

Could you please share a few links about the event with us? (preferably video or image galleries)

This year I'll be visiting on Saturday. Perhaps again having a drink with the folk from Nanyō Bussan as always. For those who'd like to meet up there and/or join the toasting, please let me know!

I am still attending on Saturday and would like to meet up with you and other people for drinks. Let me more details - thank you

Edited by Edo-San

I am still attending on Saturday and would like to meet up with you and other people for drinks. Let me more details - thank you

I will be mostly hanging around at the Nanyō Bussan stand and will return there every now and then. If I'm not around you can ask Mr. Sato (Nanyō Bussan) or Mr. Asano (Kisha Models) about that you're looking for me. Otherwise I'm reachable via a pm here and/or Line/Messenger/Telephone if you'd like to exchange contacts directly (pm me in that case).

• Like 1

Outside
36519737141_c961f40a65_z.jpg
jam-2017-01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Inside...
36488928352_be8919542d_z.jpg
jam-2017-02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

but wait, that massive queue has a gender balance atypical of model railway events, turns out it was for some other event.

Inside, much the same as the last 3 (!) years, this layout caught my eye:
36519736921_9072288696_z.jpg
jam-2017-03 by Rail Squid, on Flickr[/i]

A modular rendering of the Enoshima network, quite cleverly done.

36658099945_59254f113e_z.jpg
jam-2017-04 by Rail Squid, on Flickr[/i]

36488926782_1168a7746d_z.jpg
jam-2017-05 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

"Z-Shorties" from Rokuhan, looks like fun, on sale from autumn:
36519735821_cc10fe6380_z.jpg
jam-2017-06 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

and another layout which appealed to me:
36488926422_5b39f150ed_z.jpg
jam-2017-07 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 12

Thanks for sharing the pictures squid! Much appreciated!

Never seen a Z-shorty before!

that last layout with the bridge is so iconic of Tokyo city! Really did capture that feeling!

I'm on the way at the moment. The stand is on the small market in the back and has no number. I'll be arriving in one hour or so from the moment of posting this message. I'm a bit later than intended because hangover xD

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf

I gather by the lack of posts that everyone has now met up and enjoying multiple cold beverages, hope to see some more photos soon.

Edo-san had to forfeit for drinks, but we had a good time trotting around and talking with some acquaintances, as well as looking at some great little layouts. Pictures following later, as well as delicious loot.