Bandai EVA 01 in N scale?

Hi guys,

Since we are still in EVA fever, i am curious on the EVA Bandai plamo which will fit to the N scale or at least the scale can come close to N scale. The models available are from LM HG, non scale new movie version, non scale 2.0 you can (not) advance and the mighty one PG model.

I already have the HG one, the Eva 01 test type, early kit from 1996. And have compared the entry plug to the N scale tomytec figure and noticed the figure is still a bit bigger. But in my opinion it is still close enough as N scale.

Appreciate if you guys who have the PG model of EVA 01 can compare the entry plug size with the N tomytec figure. Picture shared is much appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

In addition, here are the pictures of the model and the unpainted entry plug compared with N tomytec figure. Thanks.

post-2886-0-24688200-1489034041_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-58061800-1489034062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robert46
  • Like 3

I too am interested to know. There are a bunch of EVA figures out there, not just model kits. How big would a 1/150 Eva be? 

Evangelions do not have a fixed size in the show, and vary in size as the situation demands, going from 40 meters to a towering 200 meters in height (they all have a height of approximately 80 meters in the Rebuild continuity).

From the Evangelion Wikia

So anything between 26 and 53 cm should be fine.

Many thanks Suica for the link shared. The HG one if measured from its unicorn, stands at around 24cm. While the PG EVA, based on HLJ link will have 34cm high when completed.

https://hlj.com/product/BAN58680

Definitely the PG is the most suitable one for N scale but it's really huge. Haha. The box dimension is 59x32x9cm.

Strange anyway why EVA doesn't have fixed height as the entry plug size must have fixed dimension because the pilot height wouldn't change at all right? :)

The heights of the Eva units varied differently throughout the series. Rebuild supposedly established the 80 m standard but even that is inconsistent in the movies. The PG model would be closest in size to N scale but seeing as it's one of the first PGs Bandai did it's not really a great model and has more than a few issues. 

The entry plug size is also inconsistent in both rebuild and the original series so it's not a good indicator.