Couple more questions...

Pashina12

Does there exist an index of articles in Japanese railway magazines? There used to be a fantastic one for just about every North American railway magazine ever published but then a certain commercial publisher bought it, gutted it and made it subscriber-use only (so you end up having to go through registration process just to use something of which the free version was far better)... in any case, is there such a thing for Japanese magazines, that could make it easier to find which issues of magazines have articles of interest?

in any case, is there such a thing for Japanese magazines, that could make it easier to find which issues of magazines have articles of interest?

As a general observation, this will obviously vary for each person - there is no globally defined category of "articles of interest".

As a general observation, this will obviously vary for each person - there is no globally defined category of "articles of interest".

Well of course not. That's why the database exists, so one could search whatever is of interest, and see which issues of what magazine had relevant articles. Like in the NorAm one I could search for example "SD9" and it would give me a list of like, this and that issue of MR, this and that issue of RMC, this and that issue of Diesel Era, etc etc. You and I could have completely non-overlapping areas of interest (aside from "railway" of course lol) and both get equally good use out of the DB...

Actually in this case a database would allow everyone to filter the articles according to their personal interests based on title, short description and keywords. (or even print date as anything printed before 1987 would not have info about the JR group companies)

• Like 1