Hello from Metrolink, Los Angeles!

Metrolink

I re-entered the hobby last spring (2016), and am exclusively N-scale. Here's some of the equipment I own which is probably of most interest to the forum:

• Tomix Odakyu.

• Kato Portram (x1 yellow, x1 blue).

• Kato Unitram V50.

• Tomix TCS Power Unit N-DU101-CL.

At the moment, my layout is exclusively Kato Unitrack. I use an MRC Tech II 2800 dual-cab to control my Kato Portrams and I bought the Tomix controller to run my Tomix Odakyu, mainly for its constant-lighting potentiometer.

I have a fairly extensive and growing collection of modern N-scale diesels mostly in Southern Pacific and various iterations of Santa Fe/BNSF roadnames. My era is the mid-1990s in Southern California.

My passenger equipment includes Athearn bombardiers, Athearn F59PHIs, and Kato F40PHs all in the Metrolink roadname. I have quite a collection of Kato, Tomix/Tomytec, Jioworld, Kibri, and Greenmax structures, plus two as yet unbuilt Walthers' oil refinery kits.

I currently have five MRC Tech II 3000GS DC-controllers paired with transformers of varying voltages to suit different motors, plus an analog Kato Soundbox and external sound system. I'm building a hybrid DC/DCC layout: A dual-mainline where the inner-track will be DC, and the outside-track and yard will be DCC.

Edited by Metrolink
  • Like 1

How do you like the N-DU101-CL controller?  Some time ago I was looking at that and a 'layout mat' that Tomix released, but I never got them.

serotta1972

Hello Metrolink,

Welcome to the forum! Would love to see your Athearn Metrolink collection.  I have the Caltrain Bombardier cars and matching FP59 and also the Kato F40's.  Caltrain recently bought some Metrolink cars and I thought it would be kind of neat to add some Metrolink Bombardiers to my set but are now difficult to come by.  Would you happen to have any extra Metrolink cars? :) I may have some stuff you'll be interested in. I have mostly N Scale - and like you started small but as Jeff said, Japanese trains are very addictive.  I'm embarrass  to say how many I have now, a lot.

-Junior

Hi Metrolink! Welcome from another newbie! SP - cool! My main interest in North America is the Coast Line, Ventura Sub specifically, as I spent a good chunk of my childhood/youth in Carpinteria!