$180 doesn't buy you much Tomix Wide PC track

sandiway

I started implementing my simple double loop.

Now back in Kyoto, I went to Yodobashi last night and bought about $180 (Yodobashi pricing including points discount) for an initial implementation  

The outer track will be modified (not yet putting in embankment and truss bridge etc.), so the subtotal will be over the $200 mark easily.

I am quite surprised at how much track costs when buying a la carte. My inner track will cost nearly the same.

Yodobashi generally has around 32% discount on Tomix list pricing. See here for a description including parts list:

http://file:///Users/sandiway/Pictures/japan%20life/tomix/html/index.html#outer

Track can add up fast!

Btw the file you linked is a local file on your hard drive that the rest of us can't see.

Cheers

Jeff

For points it's always much less expensive to buy a box set. Plus passing sidings always give some straight track which is essentially free when you add up what it would have cost to buy individually. 

• Like 1

I found the track sets like the 91010 help.  But that is only R280, R317. Two sets give you a double oval.

Yes, I have one of those CA-S sets sitting back home in Tucson. About $30. Quite a savings.

i believe I understand the 5563 TCS box now due to haruki3500's youtube videos. Looks like I can use on on my loop. Ka-ching!

Yes, those videos greatly helped me too.