Multitrack catenary question

gavino200

I'm looking for a source for multitrack catenarys for two spots on my layout -  six track yard, and a four platform stations. See picture below.

x1E1eyA.jpg

The station track dimensions are set by the Kato "Shumyoji" station.

eK43gFu.jpg

I think these little nubbins function as catenarys for the roofed portion, so I only need catenarys for the uncovered parts at each end.

CZOd4XK.jpg

Edited by gavino200

Something like this would be perfect. Kato doesn't seem to make them, or at least I can't find them. Anyone know any other company that makes these?

eva_zpsdrp1kqpz.png

• Like 2

The Kato quad catenary works for the narrower part just after the junctions but doesn't fit all for tracks or a track/platform pair.

xWr3jsp.jpg

On the yard the Kato quad fits four of the tracks quite well. I could do a quad/double combo, but I don't like how it looks.

The yard track spacing is roughly set my the kato crossing tracks. They look tacky but make railing trains much easier.

VLHN3QX.jpg

Afaik there is a catenary example for the station. Generally quad on the entry, single for the outside tracks and roof mounted for the two middle. There is a dedicated set for it.

Yes, Kato23-239 - Shinkansen Station parts

There's a good picture here on Sumida Crossing.

http://www.sumidacrossing.org/ModelTrains/ModelingCatenary/KatoCatenary/

I could kitbash it onto the curved platform. Only the straight one-sided platforms have the holes for it. But that would only solve the problem for the central two tracks. It would look odd having this structure for the center with regular single catenary poles for the outside tracks. No?