Where can I get a 1/150 scale rule

Kb4iuj

2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Thanks. I probably knew that at one stage. Personally the difference is too minimal for me to care about. But I get that it's very important to many people. 

It's so important to me that I discarded japanese para-N at the very beginning. Containers aren't compatible with 1:160, Nj is rare... What's the point of having multiple railway systems, if you can't model it?

• Like 1
gavino200
3 minutes ago, Jaco3011 said:

It's so important to me that I discarded japanese para-N at the very beginning. Containers aren't compatible with 1:160, Nj is rare... What's the point of having multiple railway systems, if you can't model it?

We all have our own personal preferences, Jaco. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Careful of some of the architects triangle scales on ebay and Amazon say they have 1/150 scale on them (usually metric) but they lie, no 1/150 on them!

I use the rough 2mm to the foot, close enough on a lot of stuff.

this Lyle guy is really handy. OOS bit hlj is good on backordering, but shipping can kill you these days! I got these for everyone in the club a couple of years back.

https://www.hlj.com/1-150-scale-scale-ruler-thdtsd00254

3 hours ago, Jaco3011 said:

I don’t get what you are saying here jaco, Nj, 1/150 is probably has the most stuff and modelers in the world.

jeff

gavino200
53 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I don’t get what you are saying here jaco, Nj, 1/150 is probably has the most stuff and modelers in the world.

jeff

I'm guessing he's talking about the two-gauge system in Japan. Probably he likes to model the scales and gauges exactly, having the two gauges represented accurately in the same scale. Not something that's interesting to me, but whatever floats your boat!

Ahh sorry seeing he means properly gauged to cape at 1/150 stock with Nj. Yes that market is tiny. Of course you can go Shinkansens only on n gauge track and 1/160 structures to be close to proper prototype.

jeffa

7 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Careful of some of the architects triangle scales on ebay and Amazon say they have 1/150 scale on them (usually metric) but they lie, no 1/150 on them!

I use the rough 2mm to the foot, close enough on a lot of stuff.

2mm to foot is 1:152.4, if you want to be that precise.

Like I said for rough measurements it’s damn close (w.in 1.5%) great for quick and dirty and good for all the fast stuff. Especially good for fast conversion of metric scale measurements into prototype. I use the scale ruler when I need to be building things, but for layout the 2mm calculations work well. Where ever you can have an easy mental conversion like this it’s great as it allows your mind to get into an easy subconscious loop to get into scale and thinking scale. Using a ruler is a step from doing a quick calculation in your head while thinking through something.

it’s too bad there isn’t a digital caliper that you can program for scale! Would be pretty simple addition to the circuit, but no huge market to drive its production.

cheers

Jeff

• Like 1