Texas JProject info

cteno4

Just posted an article on the JRM site about the JProject folks in Texas. This group is hoping to do a Tokyo themed modular layout soon.

http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/modelingjapan/jproject.html

I am trying to get each of the major japanese train modeling groups out there to get an article up on JRM so we can show folks the diversity of groups out there and how they have evolved and do things. the more we can show the more i hope it can stimulate new groups else where by helping them find the combination/permutation of ideas and approaches that may work for them!

will start at some point to integrate this stuff in to the jnswiki as well.

Im working with AsiaNRails and Ig nippoN on articles on their groups and contacting the melbourne group. if folks know of any others out there that might like to contribute their experiences please yell. also open to anyone contributing to modeling tips, reviews, etc.

cheers

jeff

These guys are from Texas and everything in texas is bigger!

they have already done at least one scouting trip to japan to gather ideas and photograph details of what they want to do. much of the group got married in the last few years so they has a short quiet spell for the last couple of years, but sound like they are gearing up to start working on things again this year.

cheers

jeff

oooh, I'm not the only one crazy enough to want to model Tokyo Station =)

Martijn Meerts

They may be from Texas, but my current Tokyo Station track plan requires more space than what they're estimating =)

I'm still not sure about Tokyo Station, while it's great for a large club layout, it might not be the best for a personal layout, because the station is a terminus for most of the lines.

They were talking some form of selective compression for many of the modules. i think the tokyo station may be a bigger area with multiple modules making it up. i noticed the description of what they wanted to do for tokyo station was not in this piece they sent. they are working on updating their content and getting a new web site up.

cheers,

jeff

oooh, I'm not the only one crazy enough to want to model Tokyo Station =)

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think Tokyo Station was the huge monster beast that everyone else does. Guess after going to Narita so much nothing else looks big anymore.

:brave: :brave:

Were these the guy that wanted to be the JRM of Texas chapter or something?

yes. a bunch of them got married just after that and that kind of put everything on hold the last few years for them! sounds like they are just starting to get active again.

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

wives (or husbands), new kids, houses, and life all tend to have that effect on layouts...

jeff

That's why I don't have any of those =)

yes but i guess on the other hand a spouse can bring in a second income and potentially a second train person. a house can have a train room or basement or attic for large train spaces. kids can be a (socially acceptable) reason/rationalization to buy more toys and trains and someone to play with them with you! so i guess it aint so simple...

cheers

jeff