Hey, From the UK

Wonderbolt

Hey Guys!!!

Ive been lurking on here for a while with the intention to join when my first Japanese N Gauge stock came (Ive been waiting since November the but the first order was lost in the post and my second order has at last come today). xD

Whist I have originally dabbled in OO Gauge 1930s UK (Southern and LNER) stuff I am now entering the N gauge world with plans to build a layout of four parts (Part one being very slightly off based modern day Akihabara, Part 2  Rural Kanto, Part 3 Mid 1980s  London and Part 4 Mid 1980s Sussex/Kent).

So Just a few rather poor snaps of my 231 that came today.

DSCF2281_zpsc2fukp55.jpg

DSCF2283_zps2imh0q9h.jpg

DSCF2292_zps67zvivg6.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. The E231 set is a good start and I am pretty sure that you will have many more train sets also in the future. Especially if you read this forum a lot. :)

• Like 1

Hey IST Thanks for the welcome.

Yep, the E231 seemed a great unit to start with, I also have a E233-1000 on order which should be the perfect companion to go with the E231, Just waiting for it to arrive from Japan.

Claude_Dreyfus

Welcome aboard! You seem to be in a little pocket of Japanese modelling up in Lancs; there are at least a couple of exhibition layouts up there, and the Japanese railway society often appear at the local Japan society event in Manchester.

Nice to see you are getting into a bit of Tokyo suburban action...

• Like 1

Hey Guys thanks for the welcome.

Yes we do seem to have a few J modellers round here, I really need to check out one of North West Japan society events, I heard good things about them from friends who have been, and it would be nice to check out the Japanese railway societies stand.

Welcome wonderbolt!

As Kato noted careful it's an awful disease with Japanese trains as there are so many to get you can find your self (and your wallet) seriously led astray!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Jeff

Hey Guys!!!

Ive been lurking on here for a while with the intention to join when my first Japanese N Gauge stock came (Ive been waiting since November the but the first order was lost in the post and my second order has at last come today). xD

Whist I have originally dabbled in OO Gauge 1930s UK (Southern and LNER) stuff I am now entering the N gauge world with plans to build a layout of four parts (Part one being very slightly off based modern day Akihabara, Part 2  Rural Kanto, Part 3 Mid 1980s  London and Part 4 Mid 1980s Sussex/Kent).

That's my kind of layout. How does it all fit together?

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for the welcome.

That's my kind of layout. How does it all fit together?

At the moment its nothing more than a concept in my head lol.

The plan so far is dividing the layout into 4 scenes separated by scenic boards like in this (rather crude) image I just quickly drew up.

simple%20layout_zpszf3zi5ka.png

A double loop will run through and the main urban scenes will be on the straight track, whilst the curved bits on the end will be the rural scenes (so I don't have any unrealistic looking curves in the main part of the layout)

• Like 1