NSWGR Beyer Peacock 4-6-0 in HO scale.

marknewton

My son Harry has been away on a camping expedition with his relatives over the Christmas school holidays, but yesterday it was time for me to collect him and bring him home. On the trip back we called at Casula Hobbies in Liverpool to get some bulk packs of Kadee knuckle couplers for his trains and mine. While we were there we noticed this rather lovely model in a display case, and after a brief discussion, we bought it.

It's a New South Wales Government Railway C32 class 4-6-0. The 32s were throughout the state on all types of trains, and they were the most common class used on the Illawarra line in later years. They hauled the pick-up goods train that called at Waterfall to shunt the yard, so we had to have one to run on the club layout. :)

gallery_22_66_76491.jpg

gallery_22_66_874945.jpg

I've only been able to give it a quick run on the Kitchenbenchbahn, but that was a very satisfactory test of the the loco. I'm keen to give it a proper run on the club layout on my next book-off day.

The model is made by Ixion:

http://www.ixionmodels.com

(The usual disclaimer applies - I have no connection with Ixion other than being a satisfied customer.)

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 4
Das Steinkopf

Price wise she would be fairly similar to your more usual JNR purchases, are you going to purchase the 30 Class when it finally becomes available after its much sordid saga.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

Probably not. Even though I used to be part of Barry Tulloch's support crew on 3112, and I'm quite fond of the things, I'm only planning to have the 32, a 48 and some suitable passenger cars to run on the Waterfall layout. At this stage I don't want to start collecting a large fleet of NSWGR models, I just want a representative steam to diesel era Illawarra passenger train. And as much as I like both 30 class versions, they weren't frequent visitors to Waterfall, so I can resist the temptation to buy some. I hope... :)

Cheers,

Mark.