World Kogei TMC400A

Das Steinkopf

Das Steinkopf

For all those lovers of Per Way machines and Tractors World Kogei has delivered the goods again with the announcement of the new TMC400A Rail Tractors, these handy little units are used by many railways both JR and Private as well as a number of railway maintenance and construction companies. They are the maids of all work and can be seen hauling all types construction trains whether it be ballast wagons, flatcars or rail carrying bolsters, the release date is for after March so I will certainly be hunting down one of these little beasts when I am over there to add to my roster.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10443690

Here is one that I caught in the flesh just south of Shibuya Eki.

20728524651_fce3dd3c05_z_d.jpg

Another example of a JR Tokai unit (not my photo)

post-3083-0-46544200-1484656536_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

Thanks for the notification - saves having to wait for the Friday newsletter :-)

I'd been hoping for a powered model of the TMC200, but I guess that was unrealistic.  Greenmax makes the static TMC100.

I guess a TMC300 was skipped over - a search finds mostly fishhooks . . . .

Das Steinkopf

I'd been hoping for a powered model of the TMC200, but I guess that was unrealistic. Greenmax makes the static TMC100.

Tsugawa Yokou makes a variety of powered versions of the TMC100, they have a crew cab version, one fitted with a snowplough and another with a crane on the back. I picked up one with the crane for around ¥5000 a couple of years ago from Yodobashi in Shinjuku.

It turns out there is a TMC300 - at least, this photo is identified as such.

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~pallace/hosen/TMC-300S(2).jpg

Looking at images, it seems the TMC400 can be ordered in almost a limitless number of formats with many options.

Here's one site containing a variety of images of the 200-400 series, with a few other specialized types.

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~pallace/motorcar.html

For anyone wishing to do their own search, 鉄道tmc 400 works well.

Without the "railway" prefix, you get even more non-railways hits, and starting much higher up.

Das Steinkopf

Thanks for the picture Charles.

Looking at the 300S it is a JR Hokkaido unit fitted with a crew cab for cold climate, I am curious about the plough on the front as it looks rather small to be used for snow removal and doesn't have the profile for a ballast plough. I really need to upload a heap of photos of perway machines that I got when I was over there last time, I have quite a few of some of the small tractors used for track work around Tokyo.

> I am curious about the plough on the front as it looks rather small to be used for snow removal and doesn't have the profile for a ballast plough.

I'm guessing it could be for handling any intermittent snow that has fallen after a purpose-built snow removal unit has passed over the track?

Das Steinkopf
8 hours ago, Gavriel said:

what is the wheelbase of the model?

28.5mm, in real life it equates to 4.275m or 14' 3/4".