N Scale manga and anime figures?

gavino200

Martijn Meerts

I have a lot of the TomyTec figures, car collections, bus collections, truck collections etc. Most of them I haven't openend, so no clue which cars / busses/ trucks are in the boxes.

I just ordered them whenever they came out for a while, but never had a layout to use it all on.

• Like 1

My office looks more like a Japanese model train shop stacked high on shelves to the ceiling! I am so glad I bought many things when I did as now when I go looking many are oop and very hard to get and/or expensive. I’m glad I picked up a few extra sets of vehicles here and there on big sales for future use or trades. 

I do miss the hay day of Tomytec vehicle collections when our club lunches had about 10 min at each of vehicle swapping and sales from our collections.

jeff

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

There are some Strelitzia models, but the smallest one I've come across is about 16cm, which would likely be out of scale by a few cm. A 1/144 Gundam is around 13cm, but no idea how tall Strelitzia would be compared to the average Gundam.

• Like 1

That looks like the old pro hobby series of pewter 1/144 scale figures.

cant remember what happened to them but they have pretty much disappeared from all the usual shops. Great odd pewter figures and etched brass detail bits. They definitely created and odd niche.

jeff

gavino200
1 hour ago, Drunkenclam said:

Just spotted these K'on style figures, for those who like that anime. I suspect a Marketing or licence issue with this one

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sakatsu/item/1395mls01013/

Thanks for posting. The drumset doesn't look fantastic but the rest of the figures look good. I wonder if they could be repainted to look like "Babymetal".

they are pretty tough peweter figures so i would guess the paint would strip well and hold up to scrubbing to get them clean. the bases are always a bit bulky and heavy and a bit of a pain to cut down/off well. 

i really dont remember what happened to prohobby, i loved their stuff, really odd little bits. hobby world use to carry the whole line and would have good sales on them at times. also hlj.com. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=104&cat=rail&target=make&searchkey=Pro-Hobby

jeff

• Like 1

I've found it pretty easy to convert N scale figures to make specific anime characters.  I've done a lot of modelling for tabletop Girls und Panzer miniatures gaming, using 1/100 tank models and converted N scale figures for the high school girls crew.  Plastic figures carve easily, and arms can be re-positioned by cutting and gluing.  Tiny bits of two-part green stuff putty is good for adding details like hair styles, hats, etc.

Here are photos of a game in progress at Anime Boston 2017, the Saunders University High School team, and Pravda High School team.  These are half-figures with a tiny magnet in the bottom, and magnets inside the turret hatches.  The magnets also make it very easy to stick the figure on a small metal tin for ease of handling while painting!

AB17RavineEngage.JPG

SaundersCrew.JPG

PravdaCrew.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Cat said:

I've found it pretty easy to convert N scale figures to make specific anime characters.  I've done a lot of modelling for tabletop Girls und Panzer miniatures gaming, using 1/100 tank models and converted N scale figures for the high school girls crew.  Plastic figures carve easily, and arms can be re-positioned by cutting and gluing.  Tiny bits of two-part green stuff putty is good for adding details like hair styles, hats, etc.

Here are photos of a game in progress at Anime Boston 2017, the Saunders University High School team, and Pravda High School team.  These are half-figures with a tiny magnet in the bottom, and magnets inside the turret hatches.  The magnets also make it very easy to stick the figure on a small metal tin for ease of handling while painting!

Those look really great. Nice work!! And thanks for the ideas!!

1 hour ago, Cat said:

New set of Tomytec figures just arrived at 1999 and HLJ: Airsoft People, which includes schoolgirls with BFGs.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10647193/20/1

Not sure what we'll do with the adult figures, but the kids will get used as an Angel Beats cosplay group!

Thanks. I have them reserved. I can't wait. I'm using the adult figures for my militarized police force. Gotta take my layout into the 21st century. 😜