Kato Euro Star Peg Coupling Issue

robeltas

A winged peg coupling arrangement in the powered locomotive will not "lock" into the slot housing. It has been fully pushed in but just pulls back out again with no evidence of even the slightest catch.

I wander if anyone has come accross the same problem and if there is a solution to it.

Thanks in advance,

Regards Robel

post-4501-0-99661800-1483307246_thumb.jpg

Afaik the small retaining pins molded into the car could break off. Imho there was a thread about this somewhere here on this forum with the right replacement part number.

ps: if you are lucky, the coupler just jumped out as it never meant to be removable without full dissembly of the frame and the shell...

Thanks KVP for your quick response.

I will search for the thread you mentioned. The peg is available as a replacement part, so the retaining pins design should be strong enough to allow peg replacement.

Cheers Robel

The Eurostar couplers are such a pain. Those pegs holding the coupler broke on a car of my set. On that car they are part of the interior piece, which I haven't found as a spare part anywhere yet.

Thanks Suica

The part number is 10918-28 manufactured by Lemke. Gaugemaster in the UK used to have them but have posted they are no longer available from the supplier. Try Googling the part number or find topslotsntrains.com. They say they have them. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Robel