Forget the turkey: When it comes to Christmas, 'we Japanese think of KFC chicken'

bill937ca

Yup. That's pretty much christmas in Japan. I'm happy this celebration is without any religious connotations and has just been adapted as a commercial spending fest. We had some great classic chicken from Odakyū's station supermarket chain 'OX' instead of KFC! It's a bit lighter on the stomach.

• Like 2

Actually this year i did have kfc chicken for a quick lunch on the 24. while doing some last minute food shopping for the evening family meal. I had a choice of either this or some dubious looking burgers from a clown, so i went with the holiday special kfc chicken menu. (didn't know we had one until now)

ps: btw. breaded chicken is an old austro-hungarian traditional meal

I passed our "local" branch on Saturday and there were cars backed up on the street waiting to get to the drive through (and this being Japan there was a security guard organising them). Despite being a fan of chicken (and not immune to fast food in general) I fail to understand the attraction of KFC's salty fatty offerings...

Our Japanese family here that are members of our club went for kfc last Xmas here in the states enthusiasticlly and expect they did so this year! Funny as the Mrs. Is a great Japanese cook and teaches cooking!

I just got back from visiting my mother today on Xmas day (2hr drive from home) and the only fast food open on the whole trip was kfc,mso maybe a bit of a tradition here I've never know!

Cheers

Jeff

That sales man who thought of KFC chicken for Christmas needs to be given a HUGE remuneration for thinking out an idea that has helped KFC Japan sales blossom during this season! From what I heard, some had to pre-order their chicken in a tub one month before hand to avoid out of stock situation!