Don't try this at home

NXCALE

All i'm thinking is "Someone could have used those buildings!" and the fact that they dont even break but just detach from the glue point... which is nice... lol

• Like 1
Themetropolitainline

apart from the firework being in his hands for too long and the possibility from blowing a finger off, i found this quiet satisfying  :icon_cherry:

I have to sit on the fence about this one.

On one hand, it is a sort of waste. The buildings could be trough them away or use them in a scenery with demolished houses/buildings.

On the other hand, I also see it as a project. It could be unusual but this could satisfy the curiosity of some people (so no other people would need to do it) or even inspire them to other ideas (not necessarily with fireworks or similar materials).

I prefer to welcome any ideas/projects (even the unusual ones) as all these just enrich our hobby.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Wow!

While it's interesting to watch, it is really really dangerous.... I mean, he could set the house on fire with those sparks and carpet and all! He could also get himself hurt badly if the pieces flew to his face or his eyes! I would term this as a really dangerous project, and as they say, curiosity kills the cat...

* Is it possible to actually buy fire works in Japan?

• Like 1

* Is it possible to actually buy fire works in Japan?

Yes.

I imagine there might be some merit to this kind of research (in suitable laboratory conditions) if e.g. terrorist attacks on N scale buildings were to become a serious issue, but as a taxpaying member of Japanese society I hope I will not forced to indirectly carry any costs incurred by injuries and/or collateral damage caused by this idiot.

Well I did go thru this at about 13... Build then, Blow up, then rebuild 1:72 scale military vehicle! Lasted a short while, then on. Granted in grad school at Berkeley I figured out many ways to make great explosions and fireworks in the lab when bored at 3am waiting for a gel to finish, but that was sheer boredom and working 18hr days, made you a little wonky... But never destroyed anything useful. Did collect odd things from around the dumpster (old equipment mainly) to drop off the 5 story roof top to see what it would go splat like late at night, but that was squarely David letterman's fault...

Fingers all there, but like many things in childhood 40-50 years back there were a few more dumb risks that you could take as a kid! Not sure if that is better or worse! While my whole growing up I never never had a under 18 suicide thru any connections, but in the last decade I've known 8 with friends' kids' (not them fortunately) either friends or school mates do it, very sad and devastating. Different world, different risks.

At least not as strange as the fettish lady in the high heel shoes crushing a small n scale layout, deeper issues going on there than juvenile let's blow it up!

Jeff

• Like 1

Nothing too serious. It's a kid experimenting as Jeff said, and while I don't endorse setting off fireworks indoors, that's all there is to it. Maybe he can pursue a career in pyrotechnics or special effects with this experience, if not something else in a more (academic) beta related field.

To be honest, it's probably a good thing he documents it on video and publishes it, so nobody has to repeat his idea. After all, it's his stuff.

And yes, high heel crushing goes way deeper... That's a bit more concern to see someone to talk about it, rather than blowing up a few kits for shits and giggles.