Ever wanted Densha De GO! on your PC?

9 hours ago, 快速リゾートいっぺき said:

Where is the Crack Directory? I'm doing Professional if that helps

Neither DDG professional 1 nor 2 have the need for a crack. It's ready to go right after having been installed.

9 hours ago, 快速リゾートいっぺき said:

This happens if I try to run it

"Direct Draw" was a former component of MS DirectX. Try using DirectX version 7.0 or lower.

Note that the DDG games are quite old, and they were designed to run on windows 95, 98, or XP at best. With modern operating systems you might need to use a windows XP emulator.

I confirm that on windows 10 the games have a lot of problems (mostly graphics but some do not even load), on windows XP instead, they all run smooth as silk.

Thank you very much to the OP for posting the files, and to others in the community for the cribsheets.

I got it working in a Windows XP SP3 guest using VirtualBox.

I more or less followed instructionsby user mvk20 https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/12278-ever-wanted-densha-de-go-on-your-pc/?do=findComment&comment=201623

I used trial version of software called "Alcohol 120%" to mount the CD mdf files, once mounted it would run the autostart. I just ensured CD1 was mounted then mounted CD2 when the install prompted me.

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/downloadtrial.php

Once you do that you copy over the patched "perfect.exe" file.

The trouble I had was it came up with a "D3D ERROR" when I started the game.

To overcome this I need to set the Display Graphics Controller to VboxVGA (this is in the Machine Settings) and then boot the XP VM in Safe Mode (hold F8 while booting). Then re-install Guest Additions. On re-install I checked the option to "Install Direct 3D"

Once that was done I rebooted and the game ran fine.

The only snag now is that the game does not run full screen - any idea on how to fix that? I will try myself and report here if I get that working.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, yamanote said:

The only snag now is that the game does not run full screen - any idea on how to fix that? I will try myself and report here if I get that working.

If you run dgfnexec.exe (with admin privileges), you should be able to change this from the "expanded settings" (拡張設定 -- the button on the top of the bottom bank of three on the right).

spacer.png

just click the default button (はい) when it warns you about changing the settings (something along the lines of "if you change these we can't provide support"). you can click the checkbox on that screen to hide the warning for the future. then the fullscreen/windowed setting is the first group of radio buttons (top is fullscreen, bottom is windowed) on the top left.

there's a bunch of other stuff you might want to mess with also so here's my inexpert attempt at translating that screen

spacer.png

Edited by hotel
add picture for expanded settings button
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
jimbooog41

I tried running Professional after dismounting the drive, but it wouldn't open. Does this mean I have to run the game with the image mounted?

6 hours ago, jimbooog41 said:

I tried running Professional after dismounting the drive, but it wouldn't open. Does this mean I have to run the game with the image mounted?

Yes, you have to run the game with the image mounted, in other workds, you have to start the game by clicking on the .ISO, and the launcher will automatically open.

This is because older games like DDG need both to be installed and the CD inserted to work.

Edited by Socimi
快速リゾートいっぺき

This happens when I install DirectX

directx xp error.png

Edited by 快速リゾートいっぺき

It looks like you tried to embed an image from google mail and that won’t work. If it’s your own picture then you can just attach the file to the post to upload it here.

cheers

jeff

I finally got this to work and now i can run some nostaglic trains on my PC! Thank you!

Only regret was not downloading the rest and now i only got the Densha de Go Final.... While it is the best (IMHO) by far, it would still be fun to run some Kyushu trains in professional 2.....

On 9/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, JR 500系 said:

I finally got this to work and now i can run some nostaglic trains on my PC! Thank you!

Only regret was not downloading the rest and now i only got the Densha de Go Final.... While it is the best (IMHO) by far, it would still be fun to run some Kyushu trains in professional 2.....

Hi

You can download professional 2 from here:https://archive.org/details/densha-de-go-pc

I wanted to download denshadego professional but the links were down, then i remember seen this on Internet Archive a while ago and i give it a try and it works.

12 minutes ago, 251fan said:

Hi

You can download professional 2 from here:https://archive.org/details/densha-de-go-pc

I wanted to download denshadego professional but the links were down, then i remember seen this on Internet Archive a while ago and i give it a try and it works.

Hi thanks man! Will try that in a while!

It's also good to see a new member! Maybe if you could head on down to the Introduction thread and a little self introduction would be really cool!

Cheers!

Ah...

that's too bad...

I hope the website owner will re-upload the games onto mega...

Altough if i'm lucky, i should still have the .iso files of a few games somewhere...

Edit:

I still have only Densha De GO! Final and Meitetsu.

Edited by Socimi
9 hours ago, 251fan said:

If you have densha de go ryojohen can you post it here? I cant find on that website.

I may have the files, but they'll be useless anyway - the Ryojohen download had a corrupt file package that failed the installation alltogheter.

Edited by Socimi
  • Sad 1

Hello,

im currently in the process of getting DDG Sanyo Shinkansen Hen to work, and I’ve completed the disk mounting with virtual clone drive, installation of the game prand now I’ve reached a problem. The game files have been downloaded, with the applications ‘dgosexec’, ‘dgoscal’, and ‘TrainGo’ appearing in a folder named ‘TRAINGO’ When I run the shortcut for dgosexec.exe that is generated after installation, it opens a controls menu with the option to start the game. I clicked the start game option (thank you google translate’s camera translation function) and nothing happens, except for a prompt for me to open with admin privileges and try again. I open it with admin, and nothing happens. Opening dgoscal.exe opens practically the same menu (I believe that it is the setup app as its icon has a screwdriver and wrench). Next I try to open TrainGo.exe in the folder with admin privileges and nothing opens. 

Can someone help me solve this issue?

You could try to see if you had copied the 'patched' or 'cracked' application file to the folder and overwrite the existing application file... It might be that the application file has not been 'cracked' or 'patched' hence you received that message. 

It's also good to see a new member! Maybe if you could head on down to the introduction thread and a little self introduction would be really cool!

Cheers!