First ClubNCaldes (Barcelona) Train Show

Dani

Hello,

One week ago we did our first N scale modules exhibition. It was held in a small town called Sant Fost de Capcentelles, near Barcelona, by the shopkeepers association. This year they choose the slogan "Don't miss the train! Buy in San Fost,  local business". And they asked us to mount our modular layout during the whole weekend.

festabotiguers.jpeg

Our club is not a formal association, just a group of friends who enjoy N scale trains and all of us use DCC and Loconet, and like to use open hardware and software solutions. Our goal is to develop a complete system fully compatible with Loconet, but being able to build it completely yourself, including command station, pc interface or any other kind of electronic device. For that, we use Arduino and Rocrail software.

This train show was our fist appearance and we were able to manage trains from our tablet or smartphone, and also in a complete automatic and unattended way.

Here you have a couple of videos, and you can read a bit more about it here: 

http://www.clubncaldes.com/2016/11/first-exhibition-of-clubncaldes.html

We have no restrictive norms about decoration, trains or eras, so each member is free to decorate his module and run his trains. You will see three japanese modules (temple, rice fields and coal mine) while the rest are inspired in Spain and others just imaginary. You can also see a JR train passing a RENFE one.  :P

I hope you like it!!

Cheers,

Dani

• Like 13

I thought the Caldes club was very Japanese n scale. It's cheeky fun to see a Talgo and a RENFE 316 running together with a Shinkansen. I'll be in Barcelona in early January. I should do a little trip to Caldes :)

P

Thanks for you comments!!

@Khaul, if you have time in your visit to Barcelona contact me and we can have a beer! If you want to see something related to trains, near Barcelona there is the Catalonia Railway Museum, in Vilanova. It is worth visiting: http://museudelferrocarril.org/en/english-version

The club at the beginning was 100% Japanese, as I was the only member. :P But we ended up in a group of 12 friends. Just two of us collect Japanese trains and reproduce Japanese dioramas, I don't know any body else from Barcelona or surroundings doing Japanese railway modelling. But all of us have in common the N Scale, DCC+Loconet, and love Arduinos and make our own stuff to automate the layout in crazy ways. So that's the focus of the club.

About our anarchy in rolling stock, we planned to do not mix rolling stock in our first exhibition. But when we sow the kids saying "This is the train I see from my window!!" while another was pointing to another train and saying "this is japanese!! those fast ones!!!", we decided to remove all restrictions. It was too funny, for both the club members and the audience. :)

Cheers,

Dani

• Like 2

Dani,

That's great to have a club like that! It's about finding that common interest to bind it together well and then the rest will just happen!

The mix is fun and like you say gives the audience a wide range of things to relate to!

It's great you guys get out there with the public and show off the trains and have a lot of fun yourselves with the electronics and playing trains!

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for you comments!!

@Khaul, if you have time in your visit to Barcelona contact me and we can have a beer! If you want to see something related to trains, near Barcelona there is the Catalonia Railway Museum, in Vilanova. It is worth visiting: http://museudelferrocarril.org/en/english-version

The club at the beginning was 100% Japanese, as I was the only member. :P But we ended up in a group of 12 friends. Just two of us collect Japanese trains and reproduce Japanese dioramas, I don't know any body else from Barcelona or surroundings doing Japanese railway modelling. But all of us have in common the N Scale, DCC+Loconet, and love Arduinos and make our own stuff to automate the layout in crazy ways. So that's the focus of the club.

About our anarchy in rolling stock, we planned to do not mix rolling stock in our first exhibition. But when we sow the kids saying "This is the train I see from my window!!" while another was pointing to another train and saying "this is japanese!! those fast ones!!!", we decided to remove all restrictions. It was too funny, for both the club members and the audience. :)

Cheers,

Dani

Hi Dani,

I suspected a story like that. I don't think I have ever seen a Japanese train in Palau. There is, however, a guy from Barcelona who feeds the Japanese train threads in the Spanish Skyscrapercity forums http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3628, fantastic stuff! I find the discussion forums about Spanish trains utterly boring in comparison.

I'll send you a private message.

Apa, adéu! Ja ens veurem.

• Like 1

Dani, here you have another one that is into japanese N scale models and lives in Barcelona :P

Only collecting more than modelling actually, due to lack of space... Hope I can change that in the future

I wanted to go meet your club to Sant Fost, but couldnt in the end

• Like 1

Awesome!!! Khaul writes in Catalan, and Hokutosei is a Japanese rail fan from Barcelona!! Nice to meet friends from around.

I use to meet my hobby friends every first weekend of the month in the "Estació de França" station, every first Saturday of the month there is a model train related flea market. Also every first Sunday of the month there is another flea market involving Slot, model trains and old toys in Masadas square. I hope to meet you there soon.

Adéu!!

Dani