Banzai Hobby

cteno4

1 minute ago, chadbag said:

Well, they did not really have it themselves in stock and wrote to tell me that they could no longer get it.  After some back and forth about advertising things you don't have, they did give me a credit certificate worth the value of the coupon on my order, which was nice.  Overall their CS was top notch.  They also reported back that they had discussed the issue in a team meeting and were going to update the train section more often (trains are not their big thing -- the figures and stuff are).

Thanks for the update chad, that was one of the bigger issues with ordering from them so its good to know they are now working on doing better.  

What's interesting is that they still have some really rare stock like that Tomix E3-2000 basic set or that EF81 with E26 Cassiopeia basic set... and they bundle several sets together to sell which is kinda interesting ~

So, we'll see if it actually goes through, but I put that "freight bundle" in my shopping cart.  When I logged in, the cart  magically showed a balance about ¥ 1000 lower than the price before I logged in (great!).  Then I had a "gift certificate" they gave me from a failed April 1st order (everything was actually out of stock and I complained about it) for ¥ 2888 which lowered the price even more.  And the SAL estimate was quite cheap.

We'll see if it actually shows up and there aren't any other problems that appear.

I will say that Banzai's customer service was very responsive and pro-active last time I dealt with them, which was a good experience.

(Yes, I broke my moratorium -- that Sagawa container train...)

11 minutes ago, chadbag said:

When I logged in, the cart  magically showed a balance about ¥ 1000 lower than the price before I logged in (great!).  

That has always been the case for me with then, I'm thinking it's their system taking off the vat since you'll be an international customer. 

Just now, Kiha66 said:

That has always been the case for me with then, I'm thinking it's their system taking off the vat since you'll be an international customer. 

Yeah, I had not thought of the VAT -- I probably assumed they were showing it without VAT anyway -- even though it is the exact behavior I expect from Amazon -- checkout shows lower price.    Thanks for the good explanation.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:25 AM, JR 500系 said:

What's interesting is that they still have some really rare stock like that Tomix E3-2000 basic set or that EF81 with E26 Cassiopeia basic set... 

Every time I ordered an item that was sold out everywhere else, my order got cancelled within a day or two. ;) I still like this shop, though.

My Banzai Hobby parcel came.  When they had the sale a few weeks ago I grabbed their freight bundle as the price was reasonable and I had a good size account credit they had given me.

Everything went well!

As a follow on, as I had mentioned, they gave me a certificate for the amount I would have gotten off on the order they had to cancel due to lack of stock (from the April 1 sale).  A month or so ago they had a sale with some "bundles" including a freight bundle that included the KATO M250 basic set, a KATO dual set of KoKi 50000, some container sets, etc.   The price was pretty good on the bundle, so I ordered it and used my saved up credit certificate from the April 1 sale.  Shipping was a reasonable price so all-in-all I had a good deal (eventually), and as I said, their CS was top notch.

• Like 2
  • cteno4 pinned this topic