Japanese and Indian PM ride shinkansen

bikkuri bahn

TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his visiting Indian counterpart, Narendra Modi, traveled on a Shinkansen bullet train together from Tokyo to the western Japan city of Kobe on Saturday.

India has already decided to adopt the Shinkansen system for the high-speed railway between Mumbai and Ahmedabad in the country’s western region. Abe took the joint Shinkansen ride with Modi as an opportunity to further pitch the Japanese bullet train technology to the South Asian country.

After a welcome luncheon for Modi in Kobe, the two leaders visited Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.’s plant in the city to see the production of the E5 Series for the Hayabusa trains on the Tohoku Shinkansen Line, which links Tokyo and Shin-Aomori.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003344992

Scenes at Kawasaki Heavy's plant in Kobe:

Edited by bikkuri bahn

Was watching the NHK news yesterday and saw what was going on.  I couldn't figure out which company was gonna supply the trains cos they showed every shinkansen between Hakata and Aomori.

I was under the impression that China had won the high speed rail project for India?

Or is this project for another line?

Edited by JR 500系

Was watching the NHK news yesterday and saw what was going on.  I couldn't figure out which company was gonna supply the trains cos they showed every shinkansen between Hakata and Aomori.

Likely Kawasaki Heavy or Hitachi, as they are big, not tied with a railway company, and have the business networks required for international operations.