Kansai 1 Day Pass

Densha

I'm trying to figure out what exactly the Kansai 1 Day Pass is valid for. I believe it says that the pass allows for one day of unlimited travel on the JR and Ohmi Railway lines on the map, but the kanji on top of the legend for the Keihan, Kintetsu and Nankai lines is too small for me to read. I'm also not really sure whether the pass is only really valid on the lines mentioned on the map, or that you can also use other JR, Ohmi, Keihan, Kintetsu and Nankai lines in Kansai.

Is there anybody who is more fluent in Japanese who is willing to help me translate these bits?

Edit: forgot to add the link. Here is it: https://www.jr-odekake.net/railroad/ticket/tokutoku/autumn_kansai1daypass/

Edited by Densha

I've used this ticket a couple of times.  It's good for all local/rapid trains on JR West Lines in the urban network (basically duplicates lines where IC cards can be used for passage), the Osaka river cruise, all lines on the Ohmi Rlwy, and one of the three private railway packages, where a special ticket can be issued (at specific stations) for use on that line segment (it cannot be used on all lines of that railway).  It's basically a daytrip product aimed at Japanese tourists and Kansai locals to get to the more inaccesible (by JR) tourist locations.  It unusual to see a joint JR/private railway product like this, especially in Kansai.

Edited by bikkuri bahn

Do you know if it includes unlimited travelling on the chosen line segment of the Keihan, Kintetsu or Nankai? Or is it just good for a return trip on that segment?

So if I want to go to Koyasan with Nankai, I can use this pass to go with JR trains to Shin-Imamiya station in Osaka, then via the Nankai Main Line and Koya Line to Kudoyama, where I need to buy a separate return ticket for Kudoyama - Gokurakubashi. Am I right?

The ticket is good only for a round-trip with no stopovers on the designated portion of the Nankai Koya Line.

So if I want to go to Koyasan with Nankai, I can use this pass to go with JR trains to Shin-Imamiya station in Osaka, then via the Nankai Main Line and Koya Line to Kudoyama, where I need to buy a separate return ticket for Kudoyama - Gokurakubashi. Am I right?

Yes, that's correct.  I would just go with a simpler option, such as katoftw's suggestion.  Frankly, I only use this ticket for travelling on JR lines, as it is quite a bargain for railfans that want to get a lot of mileage covered in a day.  For private lines, I use the Surruto Kansai two day or three day ticket.

Well, considering that I'm now living in northern Kansai, a round trip to Osaka is already 4000 yen. If this pass can give me a 400 yen discount on that, and also a 'free' return ticket Shin-Imamiya - Kudoyama (separate return ticket 1580 yen), I think the Kansai 1 Day Pass will be the cheaper option. Even counting in the 660 yen for a return ticket Kudoyama - Gokurakubashi. That's 4200 yen in total. Cheaper than other alternatives I believe.

But I'll need to think through what exactly I want to do on that day and which ticket or pass suits to that. Thanks for telling me about the Surruto Kansai ticket! It may come in handy at some point.

Edited by Densha