JMRA 2016

Kabutoni

A bit late, but it has been discussed before on the forum. The JMRA is again coming up and will be held again in PIO in Kamata (Ota-ku, Tokyo), right next to the Keikyu Kamata station. It will be held next weekend the 22nd and 23rd and more information about this event can be found here: http://www.jmra.gr.jp

2016p1.jpg

Personally, this year, due to time and financial constraints, I'll only visit on Sunday for a while and won't attend with a T-Trak module. I'll probably won't enter the sales area either, but just hang around the exhibition area a bit and then will probably do something else the rest of the day.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 1

Technically she's just on the safe side of the crossing barrier...

Anyway almost a year since the last one? Where does time go. Not sure if I will be able to visit, though.

Nice! I'll be visiting tomorrow morning and will then head off doing something else (probably get drunk and run trains elsewhere). Expect a few pictures from my side as well! :V

What's the girl doing in the poster ? Me, personally I would have gotten a few of those host/waitress girls/maid. Or some those kids that really dress up in some loud color clothes... Which here in the USA for Halloween would be a unique treat.

What are they called ?

Here are some pictures of the brief visit of yesterday. The attendance only lasted half an hour for me though, as I went to a friend quickly afterwards to drink beer, eat grilled eel, and make plans for his home layout.

IMG_20161023_114240.jpg IMG_20161023_114231.jpg IMG_20161023_114131.jpg

IMG_20161023_113956.jpg IMG_20161023_113859.jpg IMG_20161023_113827.jpg

IMG_20161023_113644.jpg IMG_20161023_113638.jpg IMG_20161023_113621.jpg

Albeit the visit being short, I had some nice quick talks with some of the T-Trak people, showing me their projects and a quick chat about setting up a next 'alternate spacing' (33mm) meeting at the Tokyo Kato Hobby Centre in the beginning of December. :)

• Like 6

Oh wow who made that Genbi Shinkansen? Amazing job!

I sort of love this picture:

IMG_20161023_114131.jpg

But why is that first Odakyu 3000 series all covered on the wheels?

Great idea to go drink beer and have unagi! By which I would love to have some Unagi too, especially freshly grilled ones...   :P

grilled_eel.jpg

I sort of love this picture:

IMG_20161023_114131.jpg

But why is that first Odakyu 3000 series all covered on the wheels?

The full skirting was an experiment to reduce noise, but deemed impractical for maintenance, as well as it collected dirt, increasing chances of system failures. Odakyu quickly dropped this experiment and invested in lineside noise reducing walls, instead of equipping rolling stock. Many stretches of these noise reducing walls can be seen on the quadruple elevated tracks.

The full skirting was an experiment to reduce noise, but deemed impractical for maintenance, as well as it collected dirt, increasing chances of system failures. Odakyu quickly dropped this experiment and invested in lineside noise reducing walls, instead of equipping rolling stock. Many stretches of these noise reducing walls can be seen on the quadruple elevated tracks.

Oh interesting. I didn't know that, thanks for sharing Toni san! It's nice to see how Odakyu is viewing noise generation of its trains as a disturbance to public as a priority and actually spending money to improve the situation.   :)

I suspect that might be connected to the vocal protests by residents along the Odakyu line within Tokyo, who objected to its elevation and demanded it be put in a tunnel.

I suspect that might be connected to the vocal protests by residents along the Odakyu line within Tokyo, who objected to its elevation and demanded it be put in a tunnel.

Certain residents in a certain very, very expensive residential area. :P