Dio Town plates and stations

Khaul

Hello everyone:

I've been looking for posts, YouTube videos etc about how to integrate the Dio Town road plates in a layout, but I have not found much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qncp_T_wNZQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4QQm1hPLWw

I would like to know in particular about how the the green roof overhead station (23-200) works with the road plates. Can the access stairs sit on a plate so commuters walk to the footpath (sidewalk) by the road? If so, it looks like tracks, platform and stations supports on the other side will need to be elevated to the road plate high. It looks like the plates are easy to integrate with the elevated station, but I don't have space for that one.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

I would just elevate the opposite side of the station with styrene pieces or foamcore to make it level with the plates like you mentioned. I am considering using my Kato 23-200 flyover station with the Unitram plates (which are even thicker then the Diotown plates) in a similar manner. But to get the track closer to the road I am going to trim the plates off at the side walk. I can then use the trimmed sections to raise the station and platform height to match the road plates. Hope this helps.

Yes you would unless you modify the station, which might be easier then raising everything to the plate height. If you shorten the length of the ground level stairs (at the top) by the thickness of the plate then everything else can sit on your layout base. You will have to glue the stairs to the structure because the tabs that hold them on will be removed. I would also brace them with a strip on styrene to make them stronger. Which I had to do to mine, my tabs didn't seem to hold to well, and once I added LED lighting to the stairs I needed to strengthen the connection as the stairs kept falling off.