New Japanese N gauge exhibition layout.

sunbeam

Notice that I said modular layout. The suggestion of the cabinet builders is based on their need to build cabinets that must withstand the transportation phase of the installation. This creates the requirement for the cabinet to be modular, mobile and transportable. If you make the comparison to the cabinets designed by Ikea they are unibody in design and not mobile and cannot withstand very much movement.

My statement is basically saying to look at the cabinet maker before you "change direction before you get in too deep"

Inobu

Ok lets let this rest. I think a lot of miscommunication has happened here and lets let this cool off.

jeff

• Like 2

I see nothing wrong with the carpentry, but perhaps the initial concept isn't quite suitable for what's been built. Though what's there now, might it be made workable with just two track pairs? With Shinkansen rocketing from a tunnel, over the bridges then into another tunnel & slower trains taking the winding coastal route. Why coastal? It just has that feel to me, of being a chunk of coastline over a mountainside.

You got it. Folks took potshots at him on specific issues with very little information and it got insulting fast as their assumptions were way off the mark. Folks try first to be positive in your comments, try to ask questions to be clear on the issue and give suggestions and not pronouncements as there are many ways to skin the cat and we all have our own combo that makes us do what we love here. Try to read posts before you post them as others (especially the target) may read them. We are many different cultures and first languages here and we are just communicating via English text so it's easy for folks to read things the wrong way and thus something we really need to be sensitive of.

Folks post their project and layouts here to show what they are doing and it's great to make some polite questions on their how and why and suggestions on other approaches, but this is not a critiquing forum for open judging of others' work. There are many ways to do things and many times others tasted in how or what they do is not mine, but I try hard to respect that. If folks want we can make a forum where folks can get their projects get totally blasted at, but I doubt many would post their projects there.

That's it for this tread for now, if you have more comments or questions pm me don't post them here.

Jeff