New Toho Zinc cars

nah00

I'm probably one of the few excited for the Popendetta release of the Toho Zinc Takis and Tokis but I did have a question over the locomotive that would pull them. I've seen pictures of an ex-Hokutosei EF-510 pulling them and was wondering if the new silver ex-Cassiopeia EF-510s would be a candidate to pull this train as well? I'm planning on getting the 6 car Toki set and the 6 car rust-colored Taki set. The price on the 12 car Taki set is a bit too much for me.  

I'm probably one of the few excited for the Popendetta release of the Toho Zinc Takis and Tokis but I did have a question over the locomotive that would pull them. I've seen pictures of an ex-Hokutosei EF-510 pulling them and was wondering if the new silver ex-Cassiopeia EF-510s would be a candidate to pull this train as well? I'm planning on getting the 6 car Toki set and the 6 car rust-colored Taki set. The price on the 12 car Taki set is a bit too much for me.  

Hobby Search has a whole list of candiade engines.

Cheers NB

Hobby Search has a whole list of candiade engines.

Cheers NB

I saw that too, I was thinking of maybe using a Cassiopeia EF-510 to pull it (I don't care for the style of the cars but I like the livery on the locomotive) or the Rainbow or Cassiopeia EF-81. 

Claude_Dreyfus

Are Popendetta wagons any good? Their range is extensive, but they seem very similar to Kawaii; who ranged from excellent (coal hoppers) to leave-in-the-drawer dodgy.

The set of zinc wagons certainly look an interesting train.

Are Popendetta wagons any good? Their range is extensive, but they seem very similar to Kawaii; who ranged from excellent (coal hoppers) to leave-in-the-drawer dodgy.

Should be OK - completely new tooling.

Cheers NB

I have one Hoki9800 from them that gives me trouble backing up over switches sometimes but other than that all my Poppendetta and Kawaii rolling stock runs just as well as Kato or Tomix.