Densha De Go back in Arcades?

13 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Cant wait one of my fav lines, like the CHUO line!

Yeah, I'm interested to see if they release other lines.  A mixture of popular (and previously released) lines and some new ones, or new sections, would be great.  Here's a post of mine from a few years ago:

My best record, a pity though!!!

20201214_201513.thumb.jpg.0f8fb90c2a607751b62898138b2c9117.jpg

There is a 'Near Zero' achievement whereby if you get less than 1cm.... 

20201214_215401.thumb.jpg.db24528d0ed274f8372ffa948785d10e.jpg

Hey guess who's standing at the building looking at your driving? It's the girl from the title screen!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, IST said:

The question is: do I really need the Switch version also? It would be great to play it handheld and bring DDG to anywhere. 😀

Imagine, Densha de Go on the go! You can even play on a train!

This may be the tipping point to me picking up that system.

Yugamu Tsuki

Got the plug and plug hooked up. I really need to be less heavy handed with my arrival. Tokaido south of Kyoto made me super nostalgic. I used to take that 2 times a day (inbound/outbound) while I was going to class at Kyoto 12~13 years ago.

Wow Nostalgic.... Densha de Go Final is probably one of the most fun/ diverse/ easier ones to play... You get 4 types of routes and even get to unlock the sleeper trains (cant recall which ones) and the scoring chains are pretty satisfying, knowing if you scored a flawless combo play! 

Defintely missed the connection bonus game..... 

Yugamu Tsuki
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Wow Nostalgic.... Densha de Go Final is probably one of the most fun/ diverse/ easier ones to play... You get 4 types of routes and even get to unlock the sleeper trains (cant recall which ones) and the scoring chains are pretty satisfying, knowing if you scored a flawless combo play! 

Defintely missed the connection bonus game..... 

Yeah, right now I'm saving up to unlock the Chuou Liner but it's going to take a few more routes to unlock.

The Nintendo Switch version is almost here. I’m slightly nervous to see what the graphics drop will be like from the PS4 version. Anyway, a typical “wtf” commercial for the release.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, they went with a remake of the original commercial from 1996...

Can't say i don't appreciate the throwback... But the older one was far more catchy and memorable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone imported video games into the US?  Is there any duty on something like that?  I see an ebay vendor is listing this Densha de Go along with the Eizan edition of Rosen Tabi in a bundle for 180 USD plus shipping.  A lot of money but I see the appeal 🙂

I preordered the Switch version. Not the boxed one, but the digital one from the Japanese eShop. Could not resist the possibility to play it during traveling or in my bed.

• Like 1

A-Train now has a demo version on Switch if anyone is interested. Release date is within a few days.

And only 8 days to Densha De Go release on Switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have pre-ordered the boxed version (at least I assume its the boxed version) but it's tied to my Kato E261 Odoriko order. The demo will help fill the void while I know everyone else is already playing it. I'm slightly tempted by the new A-train for Switch too. 

• Like 1

I downloaded the A-Train demo. Firstly it has English which is a plus. The translation is very good too and i’ve not seen any slips with translation of yet. A-Train 9 had quite a few so this is a nice change.

The trains i’ve seen are vague representations of existing ones but no issues with licenses. As the title would suggest, the premise is to create tourist routes but there is the inclusion of freight traffic and buses were mentioned. The interface is a little simpler than the regular A-train but i think having a degree in Japanese business management and taxation would greatly help. 

As with the main A-train PC game, you can timetable trains which may please some, but there is still no inclusion of working signals from what i’ve seen so far. Considering the success of Transport Fever and Locomotion, this still seems like an oversight. So you can timetable trains and set their route and when you make a slight error, your network will come to a grinding halt as it did before. Ironically, they discuss this in the tutorial whereby they suggest if you don’t like timetabling, make a loop line. A game aware of its own shortcomings!!

The graphics are nice and you can zoom in and rotate the isometric view with ease. Building stations take time to construct and trains make nice screeching noises coming into stations. It, like it’s bigger brother, is still very intriguing. I may yet pick up a copy and I hope there will be a sandbox game where you can just build.  As with all the Artdink games, this is slightly overpriced and retails at just over ¥7000. It’s b-train shorty type presentation may it quite endearing but i’m sure it will be quite unforgiving for those forgetting to save cash for the April Tax deductions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DDG for Switch has been released!

I have only tried the first 2 missions so far in handheld mode. The feeling is the same, although graphic is much below the PS4 version (see the attached pictures, it does not look like so bad on Switch's small screen). I wonder how it will look like in docked mode.

Ews5UfeVIAE2Jwf.thumb.jpg.4bf11601a152acd8a9c226721623910c.jpg   Ews5UfVVEAEpDGK.thumb.jpg.aeccaad342633bc9c98ef6977c295438.jpg   Ews5UfaVIAEAa43.thumb.jpg.5b6769ccb3add38468053ef033f9afc5.jpg   Ews5UfbVgAQqfBe.thumb.jpg.d21a7c6f5f58b56a8ab30b95e47bbf4c.jpg

Edited by IST
  • Like 2
Yugamu Tsuki

Other co-worker quit a few weeks ago so I've been MIA for a bit.

Finally started playing the PS4 version. It's fun but wow are the secret routes difficult to get through sometimes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, miyakoji said:

What are the secret routes?   Lines?

Yap, there are secret lines to be unlocked... along with their corresponding trains... I shouldnt spoil the fun for you, but the first you will unlock is the E233-7000 Saikyo line ~ It's surely more fun than driving a every-station-stop Yamanote line train ever so often in the game ~

• Like 1

I see what you mean @IST The graphics on the Switch version are a good drop in resolution. I certainly didn’t expect PS4 levels and they’re not bad, but things tend to look a little soft or blurry at times. I think one slight insulting aspect is the rolling stock info on the loading screens show much better resolution images from the arcade or PS4 version. 

The level of on screen detail is still very good and the fact it’s portable is an obvious plus. I guess the Switch is far better at developing exclusives that utilise the hardware rather than ported titles which just never look as good. Still a fun game.

• Like 1

Got my nintendo switch copy today. Gameplay is easy enough. Knowing what you did wrong and reason for failed mission is difficult to know with Japanese language skill.  First time I have played any version of the game, so might just need some time.

Edited by katoftw