Densha De Go back in Arcades?

AAhhh ok this page answered my question :

The Best At-Home Train Operator Experience

Densha de GO!! finally appears on consoles! Become a train operator and go around the ever-popular Yamanote Line, now with the addition of the new Takanawa Gateway Station. Enjoy the best at-home train operator experience while maintaining the the detail of the arcade version.

Various Modes

Experience various modes including “Operator’s Way,” a chapter-by-chapter mode with an eventual ending, and “VR Mode,” which is exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version.

Featuring That Popular New Station

The March 2020-opened Takanawa Gateway Station has been faithfully reproduced in the game!

Operate Lines Outside of the Yamanote Line

You can also operate lines and trains that do not appear in the arcade version, such as the Saikyou Line and Narita Express.

Saikyo line? Interesting.... didnt mention about Chuo line and Keihin Tohoku line nor the Tokaido line though, of which the trains were also featured on the cover.... Narita Express is interesting though, but i'm guessing it's just Shinjuku to at most Takao, like in Densha de go Final? Or maybe even until Mitaka where the Chuo-Sobu line ends.... 

• Like 1

Well that's made my Friday, did the first station managed to only overshoot by 5 meters. Getting some good strong PS1 version vibes off it.

• Like 1

And more news regarding the to-be-released console version Yamanote Sen Hasharu !

Great that there are actually options you can choose to start and end at whichever station you like! So it can be really short run of 1 station or the full entire circle! Seems to gain points also for pressing the 'Triange;' for pointing when approaching speed limits!

• Like 2

Do you have any info what kind of PS4 I have to buy to run this game? Does it need a PS4 Pro or the Slim version is enough?

Although I preordered the game I do not have a consol yet, I think I will buy one on the second hand market (kinda hoping that PS5 lowers the prices). 😁

It doesn‘t matter at all which one you‘re getting. The Pro can do better GFX tho, depending on if the game is designed to be able to use them.

• Thanks 1
On 11/16/2020 at 12:59 AM, IST said:

Do you have any info what kind of PS4 I have to buy to run this game? Does it need a PS4 Pro or the Slim version is enough?

Although I preordered the game I do not have a consol yet, I think I will buy one on the second hand market (kinda hoping that PS5 lowers the prices). 😁

I was hopping for the Steam version too but oh well... PS4 is a pretty neat console anyway ~ Also, there is no guarantee that the newer PS version can play the older version games, like some PS2 cant play PS1 games and some PS3 cant play PS2 or PS1 games etc.... 

On 11/16/2020 at 5:11 AM, Yugamu Tsuki said:

If I didn't preorder the plug and play I would jump on the PS4 one. It looks really fun.

I've got them both ~ Plu and play reminded me of the old (and maybe the best) Densha de Go Final while this one is a totally brand new concept~ I've been wanting to try this ever since it hit the arcades!

And is this another new 'Densha de go' like game? Looks pretty neat!

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

And is this another new 'Densha de go' like game? Looks pretty neat!

This should be "Japanese Rail Sim - Journey to Tokyo". 

The Japanese Rail Sim was originally an Ognakukan Train Simulator-style (e.g. using real front camera wiew instead of 3D landscape modelling as in Densha De GO!) series of games for the Nintendo DS, and later transitioned to the Nintendo Switch.

This appears to be a PS4 porting of the original "Japanese Rail Sim - Journey to Tokyo" of the Nintendo Switch, wich fetaured the Eizan Railway.

I recall that there are older versions of the game (for the Nintendo DS) set on the Okinawa Monorail, Ohmi Railway, Jomo Railway, Kashima Railway and a few others...

• Thanks 1
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 7:26 PM, roadstar_na6 said:

@JR 500系 the PS5 can play any but 8 PS4 games.

Some PS4 games 'work' but still have issues as people are discovering now the system is out.

I have pre-ordered the game from CD Japan, and I was also lucky enough to get a PS5 on release day here in Australia. I also still have my PS4 Pro.

As soon as I receive the game I will test it on the PS5 and report back.

7 hours ago, IST said:

Release date of DDG Yamanote sen is today, I can't wait a notification letter from Amiami that my order is ready for shipping...

I've got it, and i cant wait!!!! 

• Like 3

This is really useful! Thanks!

I've picked up and got delivered but have yet to try it out yet, but i have seen MANY videos on youtube and it looks very promising!

No problem! Its been very useful for me so I thought i would share it.

I will say that I am loving the VR mode, however I wish the resolution on the screens in the VR headset was a bit better (no fault of the game of course)

Loading times are much faster on the PS5 and I think the graphics have a boost too. 

Yeah so i've finally tried it over the weekend, and man it is one of my fav Densha de go! The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fun, and that's tons of stuff to do, like the usual keeping track of speed and time to the more 'considerate' moves like dimming the head lights from on-coming trains! Very fun indeed!

And did i mention the game is VERY unforgiving at HARD levels? And it's not even at VERY hard yet! I'm still playing around with Easy and trying to get the hang of things and the best i got was 0 on the timer and 2.3cm on distance.... 

The original arcade mode is very differrent too! 

Cant wait one of my fav lines, like the CHUO line!

• Like 3

Mine arrived a few days ago, I bought a used PS4, so I played around 6 hours in this weekend. I agree with JR 500系 that it is supergood. I play on Normal difficulty level which seems to be manageable for me with the different missions. Sometimes I have to do a lot (once was I had to off the headlights, horn for a railfan, keep the blue speed limit and confirm the next speed limit within 2-3 sec), sometimes just watching the scenery while driving. Just finished the first 2 mission page, there are 5 more, plus arcade mode, plus free mode, plus observation mode, plus daily missions.

Not exactly the same feeling as it was in a Taito station, but I will never have an arcade cabin at home, so...

• Like 2