Densha De Go back in Arcades?

Nice, I'll have give it a go. More of a full-scale simulator than an arcade game - something you can't replicate at home easily.

Do you get extra points for doing the finger pointing gestures ;)

I remember trying these around 2002 or so and found it fiendishly difficult to stop the train correctly.

• Like 1

Yowzers! The graphics have evolved with the times! I remember playing Densha de GO! a few years ago on the PSOne and it's a whole different world now. Almost photorealistic!

If one is released in an arcade (game centre in Japanese) nearby, I might pop in for a ride.

This is interesting indeed! The reader on the front of the cabinet might suggest using Suica or Pasmo card for payment? It seems only for Yamanote at first, and more routes later...

Densha de go is still my favourite game, and Desha de Go Final the absolute favourite.. I do hope this will make it to the consoles... I think the last we saw was Railfan for PS3...

I think this one is the most realistic looking one i've played - 

But yes I think the article says they are looking at Spring next year so hopefully if i get to Japan next year i'll try and hunt one down and give it a shot as it does look very cool

@railsquid - I wish :p

• Like 1

I played the one at the Saitama Railway Museum, with the help of an very nice elderly man that couldn't speak English. It was a lot of fun.

More of a full-scale simulator than an arcade game - something you can't replicate at home easily.

It's just a large screen TV for the front view (and two smaller ones for side view, which are imo not really needed) and a (probably touch) screen for the dashboard with a single handle controller and a grab bar. At home replication might involve a touchscreen laptop or tablet, a large screen TV connected up with a different view (you need dual screen support, which most laptops have) and a single lever controller with a grab bar, something similar what Tomix has made recently as a modell controller, but it has to be full size. (it's a potmeter, so it's just a single axle joystick, separate throttle/break levers use two axles on older DDG controllers)

The touchscreen based dashboard makes it easy to replicate any train type and only the speed controller has to match the real one physically. I would also make the center picture contain the whole front windscreen of the train, so the side screens could be dropped completly.

ps: I would buy the Yamanote version shown in the article if they add the touchscreen/main screen support for the PC version and make the modern type controller available.

• Thanks 1

For example it would be possible to use the Wii U that outputs the windscreen picture to the big TV screen, has the dashboard on the gamepad touchscreen and docks a wii remote into the speed controller stand (containing the mechanical lever) and the WII U gamepad could be docked into the top of this stand as in the arcade version. A grab bar could be added to the other side and we have a complete arcade level system. (+it needs a DVD in the main unit with the software) The DDG pack would contain the DVD and the controller stand with the lever. The rest (Wii U, gamepad, remote) is part of the standard Wii U kit.

ps: i choose a japanese console that most people could already have around the house as it's the cheapest and most kid friendly one

I keep hunting for the Nintendo Ds version for under 3000 yen. But no luck yet :D

But this knocks the socks of of that.

Still looking for the part to fix my CRF Densha de go!2 pachinko :( as the belt that drives the little train has stretched and keeps getting stuck.

If you can get a PC variant from this new DDG version, i'm sure i could help making a control stand for it that looks and works just like in the arcade version.

• Like 1

My boss found a Densha De Go 2 arcade game in Caorle, Italy. Of course he does not familiar with this game, but he thought I would be interested, so made a picture for me. He mentioned that never ever (or on that week when they were there) see someone playing with this game.
(His children is on the photo, but he agreed to share the picture with you on the forum.)

IMG_0149.jpg

• Like 2

That's pretty amazing, I'd love a Densha machine for home, but I wouldn't know where to begin looking or if i'd be able to afford getting it here :( 

On ‎29‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 1:28 PM, TimWay4 said:

That's pretty amazing, I'd love a Densha machine for home, but I wouldn't know where to begin looking or if i'd be able to afford getting it here :( 

Maybe try it here:

https://www.coinopexpress.com/products/?search_section=machines&query=densha+de+go&search_type=&search_style=&search_manufacturer=&search_year=&Submit=Find

12 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Already pre-ordered, and waiting for its release... it should be in Feb, which is anytime soon, right?

I also pre-ordered it. Amazon says the release date is 8th of February, so in best case we can play Densha De Go within 2 weeks.

• Like 2