New Kato Catalogue: smaller?

I just heard that the new Kato Catalogue is smaller and some of the Shinkansens aren't listed like the O and 100 series, is this true?

Bernard,

Kato has moved to a new format for their catalog of having the annual issues being a mainly new or very current stuff catalog and then they have a big classic catalog that will have a lot of the older stuff and only be updated now and then.

the first like this was the 2008 and it is smaller, but almost the same price as the tomix full one! 2009 kato catalog just came our i think maybe a month or so ago.

cheers,

jeff

I amazed they still produce an online .pdf only edition due to rising costs during the current economic recession. According to the rumor mill for whatever it may be worth, this is the last year of the Walther's Big Book.

I would expect the catalog sales may pay for themselves as so many collectors pick them up. model train market is big in japan compared to the us with walthers and maybe more collector oriented. only good thing is that with the economic times its actually cheaper to print, but getting the capital to print something is tough.

cheers,

jeff