Quality issues - Greenmax Plasser & Theurer Tie Tamper

velotrain

GeorgeHInch

Side note: does it have working headlights or when they say working lights do they mean only the overhead work lights?

JR 500系
2 hours ago, GeorgeHInch said:

Side note: does it have working headlights or when they say working lights do they mean only the overhead work lights?

From this video by Shigimon, it doesnt look like the headlights are working, just the overhead work lights... They dont look so bright though...

I think the light brightness issue was only on the ballast regulator:

*Edit, i got confused with the tamper and ballast regulator!  😛 I have the ballast regulator and is pre-ordering the tamper ~ So my earlier comments are invalid.. apologzies!  😛

• Like 1
disturbman
10 hours ago, Sheffie said:

I bought one about a year ago and I’d say it’s easily my worst runner. The noise is terrible and the power pickup makes the lights flicker constantly. The lights themselves are insufficiently shielded, and the effect is that the cab has a pair of cartoon eyes inside it. This product, considering its price, is the main reason I hesitate to recommend greenmax trains. 

I'm surprised, their new coreless mechanism is in my opinion the best on the market at the moment. Did you try troubleshooting the model and/or giving it a bit of oil?

Unfortunately, Greenmax had a few trains that had light sippage issues. But I'm very happy with the models I have from them. But they are all recent release.

• Like 1

It is a total one off mech from my memories and it wasn’t very sophisticated. I need to pull mine out and have another look, I put in the pile if I need to come back and play with this to get it running better and do some light shielding and put a current limiter in for the led to get better constant light as the motor does need a relatively high voltage to run.

jeff