New Startup - GUNG-HO! Miniatures - N Scale Railway Warehouse, Brick Village House, and Station Hand Cart Accessories

chouw99

Hi, my name is Wei and I am the founder of the startup GUNG-HO! Miniatures. We have recently released a set of 2 N scale structures, including our railway warehouse kit for the Taiwan Railway. These kits, especially the railway warehouse were often found in Taiwan and based on Japanese architectural styling during the colonial period. They will look quite at home in a Japanese railway setting, mainly because of its design origins from Japan.

12072540_1701410553414988_70126783897509

38f3d9_d622f933249b40e79fa42af45700ed70~

Railway Warehouse

This style of railway warehouses were a common track-side structure in many Taiwanese stations that handled freight. The design of the structure was carefully referenced after Taiwan Railway's Neiwan Branch. It comes with a distinctive Japanese feature, end walls that extend to cover the roof and awnings to protect against the spread of fire. One or two would look good in a siding serving a pair of short boxcars.

il_570xN.1009178790_4uu8.jpg

Little Red Brick House

The brick house fits the theme of  and branch lines, often scattered across farmland and rice paddies. I have painstakingly hand carved the brick details and included a little side house that could be attached to any of the walls for extra detail. 

il_570xN.1040425215_c5ky.jpg

il_570xN.1055708057_pw3k.jpg

12072540_1701410553414988_70126783897509

Station Push Cart

Our station push cart is an intricate laser-cut kit that would look great in a station setting with a couple hanging around platforms. The kit can be assembled in a matter of minutes with super-glue. However, painting before assembly is recommended then followed by a touch up with a toothpick. Comes in a pack of 2 per kit.

il_570xN.1055710019_m785.jpg

The kits are cast in fine white Hydrostone/ Ultrastone, a material tougher than plaster, easily painted with acrylics, and sculpt-able with a hobby knife. Both kits feature intricate laser-cut windows, however, the warehouse comes with cast resin doors. We offer both an updated version with one piece roofs and original versions that requires more assembly.

You can find the details on my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/gunghominiatures or through our Taiwanese site at www.gunghominiatures.com.

Please note we ship from Canada and our Taiwanese site can only ship to Taiwan or Japan. All other orders please visit the Etsy store. Feel free to leave any questions  :glasses2:

Stay tuned, more releases to come.

Cheers,

Edited by chouw99
  • Like 12

These are definitely going to show up on my Pingxi Taiwan branchline modules! Very nicely detailed!

- Paul Ingraham, AsiaNRail 

• Like 2

Just got my carts and they are nicely done! Hopefully I can get a few minutes this week to pop them together. Nice to plop many places as it's sort of a timeless cart you may see around a farm or maybe even in a small town tucked away some where.

Thanks Wei!

Jeff

• Like 1

Cheers all! Glad you like it Jeff. I am also working on a couple food carts as an extension of the basic carts set and some Japanese switch stands/ turnout controls. Stay tuned for more to come.

Wei

• Like 1

More miniature details on the way! The kits for the tricycle, residential scenes, and warehouse scenes will be released on Tuesday 11/29. Made with lasercut polybak board and resin castings.

15220100_1864106683812040_44904087903052

15181520_1864105937145448_16455782897027

15134692_1864106060478769_32818501200880

15109432_1864106017145440_49634078214667

• Like 1

UPDATES!

New kit releases

Tutorials and video guides

The new tricycle kit, residential scene, and warehouse details have been released! In addition, I have made a photo and video guide on how to assemble our lasercut tricycle kit.

Visit our 'Tutorial' section to check out the free content at gunghominiatures.com/tutorials

New products:

IMG_2137_edited.jpg

IMG_2134_edited.jpg

IMG_2128_edited.jpg

IMG_2129_edited.jpg

IMG_2126_edited_details.jpg

Tutorials

tutorials_tricycle1.jpg

tutorials_tricycle2.jpg

FREE SHIPPING OFFERS!

We also have a free shipping deal for purchases over $1000NT or roughly $31.40 USD ($1USD ~ $31.9 NT) on our site and a flat rate of $150NT/ roughly $4.70 USD for purchases under. Check out the FAQ section for details on the offer.  All orders ship from our Victoria, Canada location.

Even bigger discounts if you ship to the Japan, Taiwan, or Hong Kong regions, we offer the free shipping deal for orders over $700NT, roughly $22 USD and a flat rate of $100NT for all else.

Leaderboard.png

More new products coming in December 2016, stay tuned, we'll be finishing the year with a bang ;)

Cheers,

Wei

Edited by chouw99
  • Like 2

Do you like to eat Oden, takoyaki, or doroyaki? Surprise, surprise, we have something for you!

We have recently released our Japanese and Taiwanese food stall kit, it comes with 16 different signs in both languages and buyer can choose from two styles of food carts.

These fold-up laser cut kits are great for any street scene, a must have if you model the Showa period of Japan.

Currently the kits are out of stock due to massive pre-ordering, however, we plan on re-releasing it between February and March 2017 as well as export to Japan.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Create a busy scene

IMG_2359facebook_filter1.jpg

Food Stalls Left: A Right: B

IMG_2260_crop.jpgIMG_2256.jpg

Food Stall A Kit

IMG_2281.jpg

Food Stall B Kit

IMG_2285.jpg

And of course we have our tutorials uploaded on Gung-Ho! Miniatures website

tutorials_food_stall.jpg

To top it off, here's a Polaroid shot

image.jpg

Edited by chouw99
  • Like 3

Those look amazing! I'm definitely interested in these, as you can still see these around from time to time in the evening in older neighbourhoods.

• Like 1

Excellent! Finer design than the tomytec ones! Laser cutting is perfect for these. I got 2/3rds the way thru making my own from paper when tomytec released theirs and they were so fiddly to work on as so tiny to do the details! Tomytec are nice but at the limits of what works well for plastics on some details. The laser cutting really gives it that old feel and fine detail! Can't wait until they are back in stock!

Kudos Wei!

Jeff

What's the thickness of the Polybak? Is it paintable?

The Polybak (aka Laserboard) is 0.5mm thick and it takes paint very well, dare I say better than plastics ! You can also do some cool wood grain textures on it as shown from this tutorial by another manufacturer http://vectorcut.com/sbs This post from railroadline also has info on the materiel http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33063 and the type of lasercut detail that can be created.

Need to have a Panda figure with one of these :)

Ah the noodle cart, Po's a good friend of mines ;)

Excellent! Finer design than the tomytec ones! Laser cutting is perfect for these. I got 2/3rds the way thru making my own from paper when tomytec released theirs and they were so fiddly to work on as so tiny to do the details! Tomytec are nice but at the limits of what works well for plastics on some details. The laser cutting really gives it that old feel and fine detail! Can't wait until they are back in stock!

Kudos Wei!

Jeff

Glad you enjoyed them, I'm currently working on improving the folding lines for these kits, I noticed the sankei kits often cut part of the edges away to make it easier to fold and avoid damaging the parts, especially with such fine details.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Taiwan Railway Signs & Signals - 13 kinds, plus station name boards and platform barriers.

Well researched detailed parts to satisfy your inner railroad perfectionist. I'm considering on doing one of Japanese prototype, if anyone's interested feel free to give a shout.

16003311_1891517424404299_63809718330855

16114312_1891517301070978_77455012016989

Edited by chouw99
  • Like 1

We have re-stocked our intricately laser cut Japanese food carts and tricycles. First batch of 25 kits have arrived. 2nd batch expected to arrive in a couple weeks. Hurry before they go out of stock! 

Recently released some bicycles (with the classic center style kickstand), parking roadblocks, and a re-run of our Taiwanese Railroad Signs.

These kits are easy to assemble and relatively straight forward for a beginner looking to get started with laser cut kits.

New_8-02_Chinese.png

New_8-02b_Chinese.png

New_8-02c_Chinese.png

New_8-02d_Chinese.png

New_8-02e_Chinese.png

Edited by chouw99
fixed broken images
  • Like 5

New stuff been working on:

Trackside shanty/ guard house - usually sighted near grade crossings or at each end of a station siding - comes in a one piece cast!

Urns - for making lots of kimchi :toothy12:

Rural train platform

Operating switch stands

The trackside shanty and urns will be released soon in a week or so. Recently ran out of molding rubber for the train platform so that would have to wait. Switch stand was just an experiment, we'll see how it goes.

IMG_3876.jpg

The switch stand in progress, yes it can move.
IMG_3906.jpg

Urns cast from poly clay
IMG_3912.jpg

Train platform
IMG_3914.jpg

Trackside shanty - left one is a one piece cast from hydrostone, right one is a 3D printed prototype
IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are the released trackside shanty/ guard house and the UD3 Taipei City Bus kits.

The guard house is made with a 'one piece' Hydrostone casting technique I perfected, just paint away, and assemble the windows after. The bus is faithfully reproduced in exact detail using 3D sla printing under 25 microns high resolution.

For those interested in the diorama, I'll be uploading a collection of photos in the layout section once completed. I'm still working on a classic Japanese wooden station to fit into that empty side of the platform.

The Bus ( YLN UD3)
IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg
IMG_4346.jpg
IMG_4350.jpg
IMG_4368.jpg

Trackside shanty / Guardhouse

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg
IMG_4371.jpg
IMG_4371.jpg