Emperor Akihito will abdicate

cteno4

I am not surprised this is happening. The current Emperor saw his own father rapidly decline in health during the 1980's and didn't want to see the country undergo that all over again. 

Indeed, this is why I really do think that Queen Elizabeth II is probably wanting to see not Prince Charles, but Prince William, her eldest grandson, ascend to the throne. The Queen is concerned that when Charles ascends to the throne, he could end up with a short reign just like Kind Edward VII. If Prince William ascends to the throne like maybe 4-5 years from now, he'll be less than 40 years old, and could have a very long reign as King of England. Prince Charles and his second wife Camilla could be named the second Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

It will be interesting to see what transpires...

King of England.

Not until Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland declare indepence. The Kingdom is (still) United.

• Like 1

That's it, I need to get more rest.  :confused5:

But seriously, I really do wonder if Queen Elizabeth II really wants her eldest child (Prince Charles) to ascend to the throne. Getting William on the throne may prove to be a lot more popular move, especially given the really mixed feelings from the British general public about Prince Charles.

Edited by Sacto1985