Boeing 787-9 practice run for 2016 Farnborough Airshow

bikkuri bahn

Flys like a small plane!

Reminds me of the old Washington, D.C. National airport approach from the north where there was noise abatement to fly directly over the river. It's twisty to the north and you could tell when you got an ex fighter pilot as captain as they would fly exactly over the center of the river with many steep and fast banks like that. Sure it was their only chance to do anything outside of straight to very shallow bank flying! I loved it but most I think did not! Use to thank them for the fun approach on the way out and they would just grin big!

Jeff

The steep wing arrangement still amazes me. The tips are almost in line with the top of the roof. Also the wing profile looks way too thin for such a big plane. And it really flies nicely.

They look so thin at the outer ends they should just snap off in those tight banks! Really is amazing. Feels like a glider not a jet.

Jeff

Here the direct competitor of the 787, it will be a very good match

Edited by Melandir

Its always easier to throw a passenger jet around the skies when there aren't 250 people trying to cling on to their coffees and packets of peanuts.

Now that would be a fun interior video!

It's sort of what the old national landings would look like as they would lock down the cabin (this was pre911) way out and many would not get it and still have stuff out when the fast banks came along! Half the plane is usually regulars flying in/out of DC so were ready for the roller coaster, but the rest are first time tourists and was always fun to see the looks in their eyes as it started.

Jeff