Hi people,

Actually, the title of this topic should've been "Arriving late to the Street Fighter" (PS3 game)

I was wondering of anyone else plays this game.

Here below a couple of matches I had on the last week.

Me versus online players around the world!

Match 1: Seth vs Blanka (me playing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUjiYzew7E

Match 2: Poison vs Bison/Vega (me playing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcdsPpS4v9o

I have and will postpone getting a PS4 for the moment. However, I think I will get the Street Fighter V (PS4) once I get the new console

Cheers,

Nxcale

p.s. I chose a quite unfamiliar country flag when I created my account. I thought that I would be able to change it later (I was planning to choose JPN) but it is not possible... I am stuck with it... ha ha ha...

Edited by nxcale

Hi all,

On the last days, I entered online to the Ultra Street Fighter IV and there were few people playing the game.

Now I understand that most of the people already move to PS4.

Anyway, here a couple of matches and thinking that I will be also moving to PS4 soon.

Match 3: Guile vs Dhalsim (playing with Dhalsim)

And as the game used to say "Here comes a new challenger!"

Match 3: Ryu vs Honda (playing with Honda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWqTomD_1zU&feature=youtu.be

Power Up,

Nxcale

p.s.

Very off the topic but I was checking some offers of PS4 on the last week (cos' I wanted to get the Street Fighter V...) and I found out that there will be available he PS4.5/PS Neo in some months. It will be also released the PS VR system...

As soon I knew these news, it came to my mind... what about a VR train simulator... a Densha de Go VR

I know that the "golden period" of Densha de Go was during the PS1, PS2 and PSP but still there were two train simulators titles for the PS3.

Anyway, I want to imagine that something like that (like a Densha de Go VR) would exist... wishing is for free...

Power Up!

Nxcale

p. s. Once I found a video of people playing the Wii Densha de Go with a sort of modified helmet/googles. So, the camera followed the head position of the train driver. The title of video was in Japanese so I could not find it again. If someone knows about that video, please share it.

Martijn Meerts

Pretty sure 1 of the train sims is going to add VR support. Still not too sure about the PlayStation VR really, the PS4 (including the Neo) feels a bit underpowered to drive a VR headset with enough resolution and framerate to not cause dizzyness, fatigue and nausea. Current PS4 can run very few games at 1080p and a steady 60fps, which is really what you'll want for VR, and the Neo doesn't sound like enough of an improvement to reach those numbers apart from on games that have had their graphics settings turned down quite a bit.

Isn't the PS VR use a split 1080p display? That means it's half the horizontal resolution, but almost any game that could do 60 fps on a 2D screen could work in 3D. Also most 3D tv sets that are set up for split screen 3D video (youtube style) could use the same signal.

The prototype revealed at GDC'15 included an OLED 1920 × 1080 pixel display (providing 960 × 1080 pixels resolution per eye) with an RGB subpixel matrix,

Pretty sure 1 of the train sims is going to add VR support.

I also think that there will be eventually a VR train simulator for any console or pc. There is a market so someone will jump in sooner or later.

Isn't the PS VR use a split 1080p display? That means it's half the horizontal resolution, but almost any game that could do 60 fps on a 2D screen could work in 3D. Also most 3D tv sets that are set up for split screen 3D video (youtube style) could use the same signal.

Interesting info. I am not familiar with technical characteristics yet but I think it probably will take some time until the VR games reach some maturity (i.e. developers gain experience). I tried VR in a pc for the first time some weeks ago and it was interesting. However, I am not overly crazy about it for normal games (excepting for a future VR train simulator).

So I think I will wait until the PS Neo is released and the price of the PS4 considerably dropped (as a consequence) to take a decision. Meanwhile I will stick to my "cheap" VR goggles... hahaha

I got these goggles in a 3D PSP pack, these are just a piece of plastic with lenses (and rubber bands) but these work with well for the so-called "3D VR" youtube videos.

Cheers,

Nxcale

Edited by nxcale
Martijn Meerts

Not sure what the PS VR uses, but the Oculus Rift for example has 2 screen of 1080x1200 pixels at 90 Hz. It does require a rather hefty machine though as well as quite a lot of USB ports (3 USB3 and 1 USB2)

Once it gets more popular, and more affordable, it could definitely be an interesting technology for things like train/flight sims.